Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety/Stress spikes up during intense movies or anything unpleasant !!  (Read 99 times)

Offline Ta5h

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi,

I was always a fearless and strong guy ..well until i started working ! Two months into my job it all started by tiny twitches on my thighs..like throbbing kind of stuff which slowly spread on the calf , legs and finally the entire body ..sometimes i feel a weird kind of pain also in the muscles..even on my face i feel some time of hot twitches..Later on the scary part started ... palpitations...everytime i'm thinking am gna have a heart attack ..to the point that i keep taking my pulse and keep my hand on my chest!

But what blew off the lid totally was when i went to watch a horror movie..few min into the movie ..palpitations started and i started feeling uneasy..u know that ' I am going to die ' kind of feeling..had to leave the theatre.. WHAT ANNOYS ME THE MOST WAS THAT I WAS A HARDCORE HORROR FAN PRIOR TO THIS !!! I USED TO ENJOY ALL KIND TO MOVIES A LOTTT!!!!

Forward to the present even movies with intense action / BLOODSHED / MONSTERS / SCARY SOUNDS send me into panic !!!!
I don't understand what is happening and why????Is it like when you are anxious or stressed you become weaker or become sensitive to these movies???

I feel a bit anxious to step into theatres nowadays !

Got health check up done many times..apart from a slight higher BP and elevated uric acid levels nothing else !

Does anyone face this problem?? Plz help!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
I'm a little stumped... I have all kinds of anxiety and still the bloodier and scarier it is the more I gotta watch it!  Has anything traumatic (death of a family member or friend, witness something disturbing, etc...) happen recently that may have contributed to this?
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline Ta5h

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Lynxana,

Was like you before but yea i do have to admit that the panics increased after a series of events ==>

Had an acccident on bike where my gf fell on the road and a bus coming from behind..the tyres missed her by a hair..i had actually thought she gt hit..this scene keep coming up in my mind...fews days later the worst came..saw a man crushed under a bus..although a bit far from where i was standing..few weeks later my only grandpa who i loved so much passed away and on that same day my father was having a heart surgery.

Feaking stressful time ain't it..but that happened 2 yrs ago..shouldn't i have got over it already?
Bookmark and Share