Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Endoscopy worries  (Read 171 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Endoscopy worries
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:01 PM »
Tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for an upper endoscopy which sends a tube down my throat to look at the inside of my throat, esophagus,  stomach , and duodenum. Anyways I was diagnosed with acid reflux about 2 months ago after under going another test called an upper GI which is when you drink barium and they take a series of x rays to look for any abnormalities like tumors and such. Anyways the results came back with no abnormalities at all not just signs of acid reflux. So not even a week after the upper GI I started getting horrible pains in my stomach I was constipated and my stomach was bloated like a balloon. No matter what medications I took I could not get rid of the bloating and belching. So my Dr ordered the endoscopy to see whats going on. I am really scared that they are going to find stomach cancer or esophagus cancer even though nothing showed up on the upper GI just a little over 2 months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Endoscopy worries
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
keep us all informed - i am sure you're going to be fine, and it sounds like you're taking the correct steps to get everything rectified if anything does show up. but as we all know -- 90% of the time, nothing comes of these tests that are scary!  :goofy:
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:01:43 PM »
Just had one done 2 months ago-not bad and you get the results asap-relax at your age you are probably fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »
Yea, I really don't think it's anything serious. Also, on the plus side, they totally knock you out during the endoscopy and when you wake up you fee great! At least that's how it happened for me. I remember waking up and feeling sooooo mellow :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »
Hello everybody my endoscopy is done and everything came back good. They took some samples of the inside of my stomach and I should get them in a few days. I can at least get rid of the anxiety about stomach cancer and now focus on my fear of MS or a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: