Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panic and anxiety  (Read 276 times)

Offline Timr789123

• Timr
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic and anxiety
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »
Hey all I'm Tim. I just joined this forum to get a little more insight and tips I could maybe use.

Well, I have very bad anxiety and panic attacks and I'm always feeling anxious for no reason. My life is good and idk why this is all happening. I'm twenty now and never had any of these problems until about a month ago and idk what to do anymore. I'm on zoloft and I'm seeing a therapist every week.

I feel like there's no hope and I don't know what to do. I can't go out I can't go to work I have my own apartment but I've been staying at my parents house for the last month. I don't know what to do I'm too afraid to go anywhere I don't even want to go to the store to unfortunately buy cigarettes ha ha.. I can barely sleep sometimes I don't even want to leave my house and I don't know what to do anymore I need some help.

i'm too afraid to go anywhere I feel like if I go anywhere at all have a panic attack and something bad will happen I'm not afraid of anything in the world I have no worries I have a great job I have my own apartment I have a cool ass cat ha ha I don't know what's wrong I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous and worried all the time and so anxious I don't know what to do.

I'm not trying to rent or buy my problems or put my problems on anybody else what I turn the forum because I figure if you could aat least help me a little bit maybe give me some insight  maybe give me some tips  from  past experiences from anyone else who has the same problems as me
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
hey tim, and welcome!

i swear, reading your post made me think of....me, when i first joined this site. the forums are great, and there's even a chat room you're able to access once you post three times on the forums. either way, here are some things that maybe you can relate to and/or will possibly [hopefully] help ya!

i STILL have a fear of having an attack when thinking about going somewhere. with my husband being in the navy, we lived on base for 13 months. 10 of those months, he was gone out to sea and/or deployed. i felt confined and hated having to go grocery shopping because i had to go in and out of a gate at the entrance to the navy base where we lived. it got to a point where, because i was alone, i would pay my friends $20 to go to the store for me when my husband was deployed for six months. i ended up getting tired of doing that, so i ended up making the decision to take control of my life.

when he came back from deployment this past october, we moved off base to off base military housing. it's right behind the grocery store and a few other little places. i have everything i need, right in my backyard. i go every day. i don't buy something each time, but i do it to make myself used to going to and from the store. the more exposure you give yourself, the more you become "over" the feeling of not wanting to go anywhere due to the fear of having an attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:06 AM »
Tim, your story is a common one on this site.  I have suffered from this disease on and off  (firtunately mostly off) for many years.  I am in a panic cycle now and it started afterthe birth of my first grandson two years.  I felt so incredibly responsible for my daughter and her family.  The feelings went away around the time the baby was a year old, but then she got pregnant again, and had a really horrible pregnancy, and I held up during it and flew back and forth from my house on Florida, but after the baby was born, it came on again, and I've been sequestered in my house in PA .

I, too, have a wonderful life.  Two houses, a great husband, and two beautiful and healthy grandchildren, but the anxiety persists.  But Tim, do not lose hope.  You will get through this as Terri, your previous post, says.  Never give up.  Take your Zoloft.  It is a wonderful medication and I was on it for many years and it did its job.  As quickly as you went into this state, you can start turning your thoughts around and start enjoying life again.

I wil get on a plane on Saturday to go back to my home in FL.  Scared? Sure, but you have to push through.  Nothing's going to happen.

Good luck to you and get on the chat. It's fun and you'll meet many other people like yourself who ae being brave and fighting every day.

Julie A. Cook

Bookmark and Share

Offline Timr789123

• Timr
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »
Thank you both for your kind words they really help. It's like I'll be fine all day but just tore have to go somewheres of forgetting names already in panic I haven't really been out too much for last month and I'm trying to decide on if I want to go to the store not today cause I'm still scared but I know I have to try but I'm not really to go with your exposure therapy kind of thing you know haha
Bookmark and Share

Offline rinai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 02:59:26 AM »
I'm literally in the exact same position as you are Tim. I had an awesome downtown apartment, and now I'm confined to my parents house. It's gotten so bad for me that I've been rushed to the hospital several times, and even admitted myself to a psych ward because I thought I was just going insane. I can't really give you any advice to help you through it, except tell you you're not alone, and hope maybe we can both figure out some coping mechanisms! I'd like to know if you make it out of your house one day, and how you do it. My last few attempts have been pretty rocky.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shogun

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
Hi everyone
 Iv been through this for a long time . I started having anxiety when I was 8 at 13 I started having panic attacks .when I turned 19 I became house bound I didnt leave for 7 years.i thought life was over for me I lost everything.
And tho my story is a long one. Just to let u know don't  give up hope.its a long and hard fight. I still wake up every day and fight for my life but now I have a job I have my own apartment I'm engaged. So don't give up hope trust me this isn't permanent I thought for so long and truly believed I was never gonna be the same person that I was never gone leave.and even tho I'm still restricted from things like going far places from my sphere of comfort and so much more I just don't give up.
If I can help u in anyway just let me know
Bookmark and Share