Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Being sent for another MRI  (Read 605 times)

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Being sent for another MRI
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:18:22 AM »
Last summer I had both with and without contrast MRI of the brain done. They injected the contrast dye into me without IV and it also caused the 'warm feeling' others here describe. I prefer IV's to straight needles, for some reason they're more comfortable for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
Thanks for all the replies! I hope I don't get a reaction. I also hope that contrast stuff doesn't have negative long term affects on the body (cancer!).

Do you guys think that since I had an mri without contrast in November that I should be fine and no tumor should show up?
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »
Thanks for all the replies! I hope I don't get a reaction. I also hope that contrast stuff doesn't have negative long term affects on the body (cancer!).

Here's where the getting of unneeded med testing can create future problems. You alluded to your Doc giving you this 2nd MRI because you pressed for it so, in my humble opinion, this would be a medically unnecessary test. And, now even before the testing you are perceiving potential future health concerns from the contrast dye. This is how HA operates. This is how we get cemented into fear cycles.

Do you guys think that since I had an mri without contrast in November that I should be fine and no tumor should show up?

99% certain you will be fine and no tumor will show up. Nothing is 100% really....except that HA peeps won't really find lasting peace until they move away from medical intervention, at some point, after being told we are overall OK - healthy:)

Emily, I'm on your side - promise. I don't begrudge anyone for having med tests or running to the Doc when they are struggling with serious HA. I've been there. It's what happens, often. But, there is a viable healing path out there for almost all of us. That healing path for mental health challenges (anxiety) will not develop that well until we do move away from most medical intervention.

I wish you well. And, I'm sure your MRI will be just fine:)

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
Well I'm sure this MRI won't be approved by the insurance company since I had one in November, even though we just had to change companies because of my dad's work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »

If you are allergic to shellfish let them know. If not you should be all good.  Sometimes you can get a little lightheaded or feel some nausea but it's normal and not dangerous.  He did say a few has vomited from the experience but that to is not abnormal and is still seldom.  I felt zero effects from it except the warming.

If you are allergic to shellfish you need to avoid the contrast in a ct scan.  That in an MRI it totally different and being allergic to shellfish won't matter. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 11:33:01 PM »
I think the MRI will be clean, Best of luck hope it goes/went well, keep us posted!!!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »
I don't think it will be approved by the insurance :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything