Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Discovered a new lymph node...  (Read 216 times)

Offline imMatt

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Discovered a new lymph node...
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:09:21 PM »
God damn it. Fear is back again. I found what appears to be a lymph node right above my right clavicle. At least it isn't the left side (supposedly drains areas below the clavicle). I'm very fearful of lymphoma because they say that nodes around your clavicle are very bad to feel, and that they are very likely to be cancerous if you can feel them. The thing is that I am quite lean. I read that the right clavicle node drains stuff from your head/neck, so how likely would it be that the node is just scarred like the few other nodes in my neck from my many bouts of strep and ear infections? I'm so sick of dealing with this. I just want to be healthy, but i always have to find something. I've been on prozac and have been feeling a burning/itching since Augest/September (when i went back to school and started drinking a lot....) and it's got me scared of lymphoma. Before I just thought it was from MS. Then I remembered my nodes. It tends to go away when I don't think about it though.

Any help appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Discovered a new lymph node...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »
Lymph nodes can calcify after bouts of infection. I have one in the same spot that popped up a few years ago. I had a doctor check it out and she told me what I am telling you. Burning and itching feelings are very common with anxiety. I promise, you're fine.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »
That would make a lot of sense, it almost seems flat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
Anyone else care to offer some insight?
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
I have what feels like flat lymph nodes on both clavicles, that seem to get bigger when my neck is tight.  I think they are probably tendons or ligaments and not lymph nodes.  Mine have the same rubbery feel as lymph nodes but are quite a bit longer than the nodes I can feel in my neck, making me feel like it's probably not even nodes at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
I have what feels like flat lymph nodes on both clavicles, that seem to get bigger when my neck is tight.  I think they are probably tendons or ligaments and not lymph nodes.  Mine have the same rubbery feel as lymph nodes but are quite a bit longer than the nodes I can feel in my neck, making me feel like it's probably not even nodes at all.

I have a feeling it could be a tendon as well or part of my traps
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:08 PM »
I'm almost positive mine are, found them during my constant check every part of my body stage and have noticed them for about a year.  No lymphoma signs, and I actually brought them up to my doctor once and he said those usually swell with people who have lung problems, and said mine didn't feel like anything. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
I'm almost positive mine are, found them during my constant check every part of my body stage and have noticed them for about a year.  No lymphoma signs, and I actually brought them up to my doctor once and he said those usually swell with people who have lung problems, and said mine didn't feel like anything.

The thing is, the thing that I am feeling is bigger on the right than on the left significantly. But then again, I am right handed, and my left trap is considerably thinner than my right one.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: