Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HELP! BRAIN AMEBA!!!  (Read 169 times)

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
HELP! BRAIN AMEBA!!!
« on: March 04, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »
I am thiiiiis close to having a panic attack at work. I am a dental assistant and today I was placing a hand piece on the connection that the water from the reservoir flies through. This one is kind of finicky and occasionally shots water at you. It did it to me and the water shot up my nose! It is distilled water but now all I can think of are amebas and meningitis... Someone talk to me please!!! I am so scared right now and my coworkers keep laughing and I am so embarrassed but I am legitimately worried!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: HELP! BRAIN AMEBA!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
This is CLEAN water.   That kind of thing usually is from stagnant lake water or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
Dental lines have something called biofilm in them so that is why I worry.  :dazed: My nose hurts on the side the water went up but I think it may be psychosomatic. I know there have been amebas in city water very very rarely, and this isn't even city water. I keep thinking sometimes patients get splattered in the face with water and it can go up their nose and they didn't get an ameba but I am still not fully convinced that it is unlikely something was living in there...ugh!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Obsessed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
This amoeba is so rare your chances are literally less than 0.1. No chance basically. Naegleria fowleri has been found in City tap water twice in the same state which is Louisiana
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
I don't know why this is freaking me out so much. I know it's really not that likely, but I am super close to having a full blown panic attack yet again. My throat is kinda scratchy and my neck is a little sore and I am so scared that it is an ameba just lodging in my sinus. I am trying to be logical here but it is not working! The lines had been run recently, it was after a patient but I had already disinfected the area, it didn't shoot a lot of water into my nose, it is distilled water that goes through various hoses. The only thing that worries me is biofilm and amebas residing in it. If that is possible.  :fragend005: I mean, I've seen patients accidentally get water up their nose but they never worry.  :traurig001: I don't know what to do right now. How can I calm down? I don't have an appointment with my new therapist until two weeks from now.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: