Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: trazodone not working  (Read 267 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
trazodone not working
« on: March 04, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
So I know some of you that replied to my other post know that I was taken off the Seroquel and put on latuda and trazodone. Well the latuda is 20mg I take it at night not sure what its doing yet or anything to be honest and I take the trazodone..well I was prescribed 50mg of it and wow all I felt MAYBE was a little drowsy that's it. I know I should not have but after two nights of the 50mg I decided to see if 100mg would work that really didn't work too much either. I probably got real good sleep about 4am, maybe very light sleep before that. I mean I have went from a hard hit like Seroquel which made me feel a little high like and knocked out in 2 seconds to this. I don't wanna go back to the Seroquel cause of the weight gain and plus it did leave me without energy the next day depending on how much I took...which was usually 75mg to 100mg!!! So am I just gonna have to get used to this crossover??? How do I train my brain to just get to sleep like before my breakdown!!! Because I am considering not taking the trazodone anymore and I really don't know what else I could use for sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: trazodone not working
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »
I was prescribed 50mg of it and wow all I felt MAYBE was a little drowsy that's it. I know I should not have but after two nights of the 50mg I decided to see if 100mg would work that really didn't work too much either. I probably got real good sleep about 4am, maybe very light sleep before that. I mean I have went from a hard hit like Seroquel

It may take your brain a little while to adjust after Seroquel, so give it time. Also try taking the trazodone an hour earlier.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything