Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do I likely have brain damage from this?  (Read 148 times)

Offline NeurosisOsmosis

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I likely have brain damage from this?
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »
I hit myself in the upper eye socket with a door. It isn't bruised or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's possible that I got brain damage from this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I likely have brain damage from this?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
Ouch!!!!  Probably not.  How long ago did you do that?  I'd have to say if you managed to not damage the area then you're probably okay.  I imagine that hurt like hell though!  You're not feeling dizzy or anything right?
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline NeurosisOsmosis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »
Ouch!!!!  Probably not.  How long ago did you do that?  I'd have to say if you managed to not damage the area then you're probably okay.  I imagine that hurt like hell though!  You're not feeling dizzy or anything right?

About an hour ago. No, I'm not feeling dizzy, but I do feel strange and nervous. I feel that way often though, so it may be my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »
Yeah that's your anxiety. I know that feeling well.  I'd say sit back for a little while play a video game or watch a movie.  Something I use to calm me down is a shower.  If after the movie or cleaning the bathroom or any activity you can do to take your mind off of it is finished and your still feeling fine except the soreness to the area your good. 

Just stay away from doorknobs!  I'd be more worried if you hit the side of your head.  And tomorrow if the bruising comes don't freak out you'll probably get a bruise.  Expect it to be sore for a few days.
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:59:53 AM »
I see you posting about brain damage a lot and i really, REALLY encourage you to talk to someone about this. Brain damage is not something that happens every time you hit your head/bend over/scratch your head. If you did something that caused brain damage you'd KNOW because you'd wake up in the hospital after some sort of horrific accident. Even then, a lot of people walk away from terrible accidents with no permanent brain damage. Just try and think logically next time you do something that leads you to believe you have brain damage, but I know it's hard :)
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: