Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This Week: Throat Cancer....  (Read 234 times)

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
This Week: Throat Cancer....
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:40:07 AM »
Okay, I am new here and I joined because I am tired of dealing with this all by myself.  I never really know if I need a doctor or not and I may joke about my hypochondria but it really scares the hell out of me! 

So yeah this time it's throat cancer... The post about Sternocleidomastoid muscle is close to what I'm experiencing, but there's more symptoms so I thought I'd see what you guys thought.  That muscles itself is really hard and I am assuming is just a tense muscle.  However the lymphoid on my right side next to my throat is swollen.  My voice is feeling a little rough and my throat dry. 

I freaked out after someone at work got the H1N1 virus and flew to the hospital.  (I was feeling sick) Anyway they said it was a sinus infection (never had one before started getting allergies to dust 2 years ago) They did no tests to make sure that's what it was just, oh that's it have some penicillin and be on your way.   

Well I am a little stuffy but dry, have had headaches, and have been clearing my throat (I sound like a car that won't start), coughing and like I said the area around my larynx feels rough, dry and like there's mucus there. 

This has been going on for 3 - 4 weeks now.

I do not have a runny nose or any discharge, my eyes seem unaffected as well and no trouble swallowing.

Oh it does seem to get better if I take mucinex for a little while.

But since they didn't actually do any tests and it doesn't seem to be getting better I'm not so sure that's what it is.  I have no bleeding or anything like that.  I'm just feeling really scared and worried right now.  I can't afford a doctor so it is just antagonizing my anxiety to no end. 

If anyone has experienced these same symptoms during a sinus infection I would really appreciate knowing!

Thanks for any help or ideas.
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: This Week: Throat Cancer....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:14:10 AM »
I am wondering if it's just allergies - don't forget, penicillin will NOT clear up allergy symptoms.  You may have gotten an infection from the allergies, the infection is gone, but the allergy of course remains.  I had a stuffed nose (TOTALLY blocked 100% for almost 2 months until I finally went to a doctor (years ago) and after ONE prescription Claritin (at the time it wasn't OTC) it started getting better!  That would explain why the Mucinex is working for you - it's getting rid of the stuff temporarily.  I had a friend one time that had laryngitis for MONTHS!  She finally went to a doctor and they found out she developed a WHEAT allergy!  She cut out wheat products and all went away.  (both her and I were just a temporary allergy because she has since been eating wheat products and my nose never stuffed like that again, except of course when I get a cold.  Go get some Claritin, see if it helps! 
Oh, lymph glands CAN swell with allergies - I had asked a doctor about that one time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:39:37 AM »
Thanks for that it I will try it and see what happens.  Lol that is after I face my medicine fear, but it will be worth it if it goes away.  Hopefully it does i'd rather have allergies than cancer!   :happy0151:

I forgot to add that I had the flu and it started right after that.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:45:26 AM »
If it really concerns you, than maybe a trip to the ENT physician may be in order which will
help ease your mind.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 04:17:40 AM »
Well here it goes again.... Started having difficulty swallowing....

Sometimes I really hate this.  My throat and tongue feel soar.  My throat itches.  Of course every little pain or feeling I am analyzing.  With any luck it will turn into something even more horrific... YAY!  Seeing an ENT would be nice if I had insurance or money.  I'm going to try and get into a clinic, but who knows how long that will take and they are always so rude.  I'm going to go into my regular doctor but that is going to take time.

Meanwhile... I am probably going to sit here and worry about everything!  I was up til almost noon today before I could talk myself into sleep and it looks like it will be another one of those nights. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 05:33:23 AM »
What do you mean by difficulty swallowing?
A.  Throat hurts so bad?
B.  Food gets stuck in your throat and it won't go down?
C. Your throat muscle just doesn't want to work?
(throat itching sounds like allergies
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 05:44:52 AM »
Thanks Sunlover.

My throat feels scratchy, itchy and a little raw.  I was trying to eat a brownie and it just took forever to go down.  So I stopped eating it.  It felt like molasses going down.  I had to drink a ton of water to push it all the way down.  Like it was getting stuck on the sides.  My mouth doesn't feel dry.  Right at the V of my throat I feel this oasis of stuff sitting and no matter how much I swallow or drink its still there.  Granted it does feel like mucus.  I do have some Zyrtec but no matter how hard I try, every time I pull one out to take it the side effects enter my mind and I put it back... I really, really want to believe it's allergies!  They're just new to me and the first year I had them my nose would drip like a fountain (in the spring), the second year nothing, and now this year is completely different.

I drive me crazy sometimes! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
That does NOT sound like throat cancer by any means.   Your throat sounds irritated and a bit swollen from the irritation of mucus.  You did say mucinex helps - instead of your nose dripping OUT, it may be dripping the other way - down your throat.  Personally I NEVER get a runny nose, it always runs down my throat.  I guess it depends which part of your sinuses are affected.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:46 AM »
Lol since you put it that way.  :happy0151: You made me feel silly which I think is good! I'll just ride it out maybe take some NyQuil and go to bed  :happy0151: At least it has an antihistamine in it that I'm not afraid of.

You are quite literally my hero at the moment!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »
Glad to help  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: