Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 2nd night of no sleep at all...please any wise words?  (Read 202 times)

Offline irishLondon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
2nd night of no sleep at all...please any wise words?
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »
Hey everyone

I'm in such a panic right now. It's nearly 5am and I haven't slept at all tonight. This is after not sleeping at all last night. I was sure I would sleep tonight but it's not happening and I'm so worried. Is this normal? Surely I should be getting at least some sleep but I'm completely wide awake. I hate this. :(

Conor
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 2nd night of no sleep at all...please any wise words?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:32:38 AM »
You are going through exactly what I went through when my GAD introduced itself to me. Fortunately you can't die from lack of sleep. You will eventually pass out. When this happened to me I abused Xanax to sleep and quickly built a tolerance which lead to interdose wothdrawal. Which is a living hell and makes your GAD ten times worse.

Have you taken any benzos like Xanax in the last few weeks? Any opium based drugs?

Check to see if there is a 24/7 mental facility or hospital if you feel it getting bad enough. There is no shame in this and does not make you crazy. Just having nurses and doctors near by will help ease your mind a bit. There they will help you get some sleep and hopefully you see a pdoc soon to get this under-control with the right meds.

Personally, I don't condone short half-life benzos and a lot of psych wards forbid them anyway so just be mindful of this and know they can cause extreme physical dependence some consider worse than heroine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline beccaboo

• BlueSky
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 2nd night of no sleep at all...please any wise words?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:05 AM »
Not to make what your going through less than what it is.  I commonly go through non-sleep patterns, I can go several nights without any sleep. 

The part that helps me the most - keep telling yourself that you'll sleep when your body needs it.  You can't go on forever without sleep - your body will respond when needed. Think of it, like it's when your underwater, your body knows when to fight for air.  Your body will respond when sleep is needed. 

Also I , personally, find that telling yourself that its not the end of the world whether you sleep or not - I find with little sleep, things seem funnier to me.  Try to see the positive of things out of the situation.

I'm new to the website, so hopefully this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: