Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: it's back with a vengeance  (Read 322 times)

Offline cromptonia

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • love and then love some more
    • Poke This Member
it's back with a vengeance
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
I was doing great with both my general anxiety and depression for the last year or so, having little minor bouts now and again, but all round never felt so good. I started a new job with good career prospects a few months ago, just moved into a new apartment and looking feeling good. Until a few days ago, when my old enemy depression came back, and came back with a vengeance. My anxiety has also been playing up. I now feel hopeless, like my life is pointless and I am trapped with a life I hate. I didn't turn into work today, didn't even bother to call in, I just didn't care what the outcome would be, and mainly because my anxiety has been bad and I didn't want to talk to anyone. I need a break for a few weeks, I cant stand the thought of being around people, I just want to be alone, I am thinking of ringing in and telling them I broke my arm. I don't feel suicidal, I never have because I could never hurt my family and loved ones like that. Not suicidal, but I feel like I could welcome death, or that I was never even born, I'm sure many of you on here know the feeling. Sorry for the rant, just needed tell someone, it's so hard having to lie and deceive those closest to me that everything is fine, I don't want to worry anyone.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: it's back with a vengeance
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »
If we are prone to depression we are always vulnerable, or so it seems to me. Can relate to everything you express here, including not wanting to be here to begin with. The nice part is we are not afraid of death as so many are. And, like you, would never do anything rash to hurt the people around me. So we must fight on, be warriors as in yoga warrior poses.

Some would say we need therapy, meds, outside professional help. Perhaps a support group. Is there purpose? There is as it relates to those around us. I've designed my own safety nets with reading, learning, CBT, various exercise, journaling, meditating. Then suddenly those feel good chemicals in the brain can surprise us out of nowhere. Save your job if you can do so.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cromptonia

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • love and then love some more
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I have been looking up self hypnosis and meditating at the moment I called in and told them I broke my arm and had to have 6 weeks off, don't want to say it is because I am depressed and my anxiety is high so I can't be around people, I didn't want people knowing that about me.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:10 AM »
No doubt there is bias against psych issues. So no need to reveal what you don't have to.

But you may want to try and get prof. help. Sometimes a combination of meds and talk therapy can work wonders. It's all in that mysterious brain of ours. I can have bouts where it all goes dark, energy takes flight, appetite is weak, none of my palliatives work. Then one day I wake up and am being given another chance. Am big into meditation, yoga, tai chi, exercise generally and walking. You'll be fine again too and much more knowledgeable about yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: