Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HOPEFULLY someone can relate.  (Read 660 times)

Offline terri

• Rec's: 1
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
HOPEFULLY someone can relate.
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »
over the past two years, i have had chronic tinnitus. basically, ringing in my ears for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. not just here and there, i get ringing. it's an all day every day thing. i literally woke up one day to this, and over the course of two years, i have lost my hearing completely [just about] in my left ear, which is also the effected ear with the tinnitus. when i plug my finger into my left ear and take it out, it feels like i am wobbly, if that makes sense.

i am trying to see if anyone else has experienced this at all. i do have a slight touch of HA [health anxiety] BUT, i am not someone with HA that runs to the doctors all the time, as soon as there is something that comes up that bothers me. any input would help -- as i am deathly afraid of going to doctors. thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HOPEFULLY someone can relate.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
You should go to the doctors, I had slight ringing but it was constant, turns out I just needed ear drops!
You need to go  get it looked at if you've lost your hearing! You might just need your ears cleaned, but better to get it checked out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
You should go to the doctors, I had slight ringing but it was constant, turns out I just needed ear drops!
You need to go  get it looked at if you've lost your hearing! You might just need your ears cleaned, but better to get it checked out.

thanks -- but going to see a doctor, for me, is so much easier said than done. having panic attacks is no joke with me. i am not making excuses - but being that my husband is always away [he is in the navy] the only time i can go is when he is with me....and even at that time, it's easier said than done because....well? it's just hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »
I completely understand, but especially with the loss of hearing it does need to be looked at, it's probably just a case of hardened ear wax, in the meantime maybe try getting some over the counter drops and giving them a go? Can help soften any hardened wax making it easier for removal! Your ears are responsible for balance so it is likely that any built up wax would cause you to feel wobbly!
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
so weird - can people have an issue of wax build up for two years straight?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »
If you've not had them cleared and it has hardened then it would just build up!  So yeah I would think so
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »
now THAT'S scary - but, i will definitely get it checked out once i muster up the courage to go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »
There is but it's not generally a light ringing, true cases of it are more like a loud ringing or thumping sound in your ears (had anxiety about this before and done A LOT of research)
I think everyone hears a slight ringing when there in a quiet place though? I know I always have, there's a big difference between that and true ringing in the ears x
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »
there's no such thing as tinnitus. it's like when the pharmaceutical companies tried to convince people that heartburn was a disease. or that allergies can't be simply overcome. what you're hearing is a normal sound, known as the inner-resonance or inner-harmonic, if i recall the yogic terminology. i've heard it every second of every day, for years, and i still look forward to hearing it. it's a constant. i can see how some other condition can cause you to hear it where you hadn't prior, but the sound itself is still natural. experiment with it. take some authority over your body and fix your hearing.

i appreciate you saying this to me, but i will take the terminology of "tinnitus" from someone with PhD behind their name or MD behind their name. not trying to be rude -- but tinnitus is real, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
you rock!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:53:28 PM »
Tinnitus is very real, I've never heard anyone say there is no such thing as it.  I suffer from a veritgo disorder and one of my symptoms is tinnitus, sometimes loud, sometimes barely noticeable.  The good thing about it is that is is rarely anything serious though often a definite cause is not found.  Listening to much loud music or other noise can be a cause.  I once had a doctor tell me I had wax in my ears and suggested I let water run in them while in the shower to help get rid of the wzx.  I'm not sure how much help this would be, I don't think it did anything for me (but mine probably isn't caused by wax anyway).
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
Tinnitus is very real, I've never heard anyone say there is no such thing as it.  I suffer from a veritgo disorder and one of my symptoms is tinnitus, sometimes loud, sometimes barely noticeable.  The good thing about it is that is is rarely anything serious though often a definite cause is not found.  Listening to much loud music or other noise can be a cause.  I once had a doctor tell me I had wax in my ears and suggested I let water run in them while in the shower to help get rid of the wzx.  I'm not sure how much help this would be, I don't think it did anything for me (but mine probably isn't caused by wax anyway).

like i told the other member...as much as i appreciate the comment and response, i found it funny that someone was saying tinnitus isn't real. that is sort of like saying HIV/AIDS doesn't exist and/or isn't a real thing going on in certain people.

i have tried everything just about. i have even tried the water. i wonder why your doctor never found anything in your ears though, wax wise, and only suggested that, that may be what you're going through.

sorry to hear about your vertigo disorder - that has to be rough!
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
tinnitus is only as real as you give it credit to be. this is how disease functions in the first place. you give those servants of knowledge, those in the cult of death, with the symbol "phd" in their name, authority to tell you what is real, and that is why you're a hypochondriac. but, disease can go into remission, and this proves something beyond the diagnosis. doctors are the authority of doctrine, and the propagators of the very disease they claim to treat, but they have no understanding of it. the fact that you are saying any man's idea is "very real", is an example of the loss of sovereignty man has suffered.

tinnitus is definitely real, sorry. but thanks for the input
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:55 PM »
...or he who says "i'm not sure what this is, but i hope it isn't here tomorrow."?

Like you quoted the book of Tao Te Ching. lol. Studied it in college not two days ago.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Tags: