Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: World events strike again  (Read 226 times)

Offline omegahelix

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
World events strike again
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:50 AM »
The events going on in Ukraine have sent my anxiety and panic sky high.  I keep running scenarios through my mind of a nuclear war breaking out and me, my wife and son being out on our own trying to survive and me being extremely panicked and not able to get help from anyone.  I'm sure I would not be able to handle it.  I'm not sure how I'm even going to handle getting through the crisis if it does not come to that.  I've been panicked and anxious all weekend.  Basically stayed home reading my "When Panic Attacks" book and trying to get a handle on things.  Have been sweaty and exhausted and not able to think about or do anything else.  Trying to trace the thoughts to their conclusion, I think it's being extremely panicked and not able to get help that I fear the most.  So it's like a fear of fear.  See, I don't worry about dying in a car accident or more common things.  It's always major disasters where I am panicked and not able to get help that I fear the most.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: World events strike again
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
All just a show of strength and nothing more. Certain countries like to flex their muscles every so often. Like a peacock showing off. I seriously think Russia stepped in, not because it was worried about the Ukraine. I don't think they care less about the Ukraine. But the last time something like this happened in a country like the Ukraine it spread and the old Soviet Union broke up into smaller countries. In my opinion Russia is more worried about it spreading to other countries around them. So by flexing their muscles they are shown who they are willing to stamp any such things out. As more of a warning to Russians than anybody else. Russia is not as big as it used to be. They start anything they would have a host countries just waiting to jump in against them. They know it too. Mostly countries they once owned. Add to that a few of the super powers in the World. And even Russia is not that stupid to actually start a war.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline thewalkindude

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
I'm with you on this. I can barely function, and I just want to sleep until it's over. I want to run and hide somewhere. I know that worrying does no good, but it's awgul, because I can't stop myself from worrying or from checking the news to make sure nothings happened, which makes it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
I got the SAME exact way during the Boston marathon bombings. I had 6 hours of classes I was sitting in and the entire time I kept refreshing my phone on many of the updated news feeds. I thought the world was going to end, especially with that explosion that happened days later I think that was in Texas... Even though I think that was accidental. Honestly was about to go out and purchase all the ammunition in my town and go on straight lockdown with my best friend. I felt this horrid fear that we're getting trojan horse'd.

We have to realize the power of authority here, Syria battles are going on daily just as Ukraine but think about the support that was given to the United States by so many countries when 9/11 happened. A lot of those events are played out savagelike that would not effect much of the United States. Media takes a LOT of play in causing fear and concern for ideas, it boosts their views. sometimes (not all times) A lot of things that are documented aren't really what they're played out to be.

I'm sorry to hear that this is taking an effect on you, I've seen quite a few videos and articles on what's going on in Ukraine, but it's a different society with different political and social views. Contrary to popular belief, I feel that we are in good hands.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline omegahelix

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »
I'm with you on this. I can barely function, and I just want to sleep until it's over. I want to run and hide somewhere. I know that worrying does no good, but it's awgul, because I can't stop myself from worrying or from checking the news to make sure nothings happened, which makes it worse.
Ah, sleep through it.  That is not a bad idea.  I know what you mean about checking the news.  It can make the anxiety worse but somehow you just have to see what's going on.  I feel like running away too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline omegahelix

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:58:33 PM »
I got the SAME exact way during the Boston marathon bombings. I had 6 hours of classes I was sitting in and the entire time I kept refreshing my phone on many of the updated news feeds. I thought the world was going to end, especially with that explosion that happened days later I think that was in Texas... Even though I think that was accidental. Honestly was about to go out and purchase all the ammunition in my town and go on straight lockdown with my best friend. I felt this horrid fear that we're getting trojan horse'd.

We have to realize the power of authority here, Syria battles are going on daily just as Ukraine but think about the support that was given to the United States by so many countries when 9/11 happened. A lot of those events are played out savagelike that would not effect much of the United States. Media takes a LOT of play in causing fear and concern for ideas, it boosts their views. sometimes (not all times) A lot of things that are documented aren't really what they're played out to be.

I'm sorry to hear that this is taking an effect on you, I've seen quite a few videos and articles on what's going on in Ukraine, but it's a different society with different political and social views. Contrary to popular belief, I feel that we are in good hands.
I remember when that explosion happened...I too was wondering if it was related.  I was OK during the Boston marathon...I was concerned of course but not too anxious.  Isn't it funny how one event can set one of us off but not the other?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: