Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this the "honeymoon phase"?  (Read 150 times)

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this the "honeymoon phase"?
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »
Before Zoloft. Severe anxiety struck and depression and panic attacks wouldnt stop. Couldnt eat, puked. Began starving.

When put on 100mg of Zoloft i responded rather quickly and well and felt amazing and fearless for a month. After that month one day anxiety and depression came back full force.

Upped dose to 150mg and same thing happened only this relapse isnt as horrible as last months.

Am i experiencing what they call the "honeymoon phase"? This is so strange anxiety comes in waves this time. One moment im a little better the next crawling out of my skin.

Are there signs that Zoloft is working and i just need more time and a higher dose or a different med entirely? Or am i doomed to relapse forever?

Anyone else have this happen?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this the "honeymoon phase"?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »
Talk to your doctor. Zoloft may not work for you. Remember it can't all be medication, you have to mx it with therapy, relaxation etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 20
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
Hi Chris...  I am sorry to hear about the ups and downs that you are experiencing.

When starting on an anti-depressant, some individuals can see a pretty immediate decrease in their anxiety/panic attacks/depression symptoms, others see a steady, gradual improvement, and some show an up and down pattern.  Mine was more of an up and down pattern, similar to what you have described.

I am not certain when you started on the Zoloft, but anti-depressants do take time to work.  Normally, individuals will see degrees of improvement between 3 and 12 weeks of being on a therapeutic dose.  And, you do have some room there to increase the Zoloft.  An acquaintance of mine is on 200 mg, and doing quite well on that dosage.  Finding an anti-depressant that works best for you, is indeed a case of trial and error.  What works well for you, might not work at all for me, and vise versa.

Lara gave you some sound advise.  One usually stands a better chance of seeing improvement, when medication is taken in conjunction with therapy.  Other forms of treatment known to work include exercise, and the use of omega 3/fish oil.  A healthy lifestyle is also of benefit.  This can include keeping oneself hydrated (drinking plenty of water), eating frequent, small meals, and practicing meditation and/or mindfulness.

The very best to you, Chris!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
Thanks guys. I initially started my Zoloft treatment at the end of December but have never gone longer than a month before having my dosage increased due to relapse. So im not sure if each increase is like starting over or not but this is a living hell. I try to refrain from xanax usage at least until night so im calm enough to rest. I wish there was a benzo that works as well as xanax but longer than 3 hours.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: