Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mole regrowing several years after being frozen off  (Read 176 times)

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Mole regrowing several years after being frozen off
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
About 3 - 4 years ago I had a mole (or something) frozen off the back of my next.  Even after the area healed, there was still a small bump on the skin -- sort of pinkish, but it blanches to mostly skin color.  I recently noticed that it has gotten bigger.  It's still small -- definitely smaller than a pencil eraser, and doesn't seem to look all that concerning.  But I don't know why it would have continued to grow - I guess he didn't get the whole thing?  I also hear that new moles after 35-40 are concerning, but I seem to have gotten several. 

So here's my worry -- what if it was a melanoma several years ago when the derm froze it (he never biopsied it), but it wasn't all removed and I've been letting it grow and fester for 3 - 4 years? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline GymShorts

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mole regrowing several years after being frozen off
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:59 PM »
If a mole still has roots left after removal it will grow back. If you noticed the doctor removed a large area around it to make sure but sometimes they just dont get it all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kazoo

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mole regrowing several years after being frozen off
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »
Melanomas are NOT pink.  It could be a basal cell carcinoma, which is really nothing to worry about. You might need to get it refrozen.

I've gotten new moles (actual dark moles) after age 40 and none of them amounted to anything.  Just get regular checks and you'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: