Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Symptoms  (Read 146 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lam123

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 113
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Symptoms
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been suffering with health anxiety for about 10 months. I had a brief few weeks not long ago with some relief and feeling normal. Now, I have a rash on my foot that has really got me worried. So, along with the worrying I have all my anxiety symptoms back, which is usually aches in the chest area, shortness of breath and aches all over. The one symptom that is really bothering me is aching in my legs, I keep getting worried about a blood clot. Does anyone else get aches in their legs?

At what point do you stop going to the dr and realize its anxiety related? Sometimes I feel like I go to the dr every week! Every health issue I have gone to the dr for since my anxiety, everything has been fine and anxiety related. I have an appt with a therapist next weekend, hopefully this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 15
  • Gender: Female
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:58:13 PM »
Severe pain with swelling and redness would be a blood clot.  Achy legs many times is hormonal related (like if you are mid cycle or about to get your period)

I don't go to a doctor.  If something started suddenly and then remains the same then I know it can't be anything bad  (but until I realize it's not getting worse I just worry).  I go 2 times a year for a blood pressure check, so anything that I am "concerned" about I just wait until my appointment and tell him everything at once in a nonchalant "oh by the way" kind of thing.  (some things sound ridiculous and I don't want him to think I'm actually going nuts over it) - some things I don't want to tell him about because I am deathly afraid of being sent for tests, so I don't say anything and see if things get worse or go away.  90% of the time they go away, the other 10% they stick around but don't get worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
3164 Views
Last post April 26, 2009, 02:08:35 AM
by forestbythesealady
2 Replies
691 Views
Last post February 23, 2013, 04:23:04 PM
by colls22
2 Replies
686 Views
Last post March 01, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
by Tobias
29 Replies
2599 Views
Last post May 28, 2013, 09:59:19 AM
by Gale
8 Replies
644 Views
Last post October 16, 2013, 04:55:06 PM
by MarthaMartha
3 Replies
325 Views
Last post January 08, 2014, 11:09:31 PM
by michelle360