Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel like I'm falling apart. Miscarriage and now worries about my son.  (Read 215 times)

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone, I haven't been on in a while and now I'm skulking back because I need to talk to someone. I just had a miscarriage, I should have been 8 weeks pregnant but the baby had died at 6 weeks and it's left me feeling so low and depressed. I can feel my anxiety starting to spiral. When I'm in a bad way I tend to focus my anxieties on my kids which I know is awful. Right now I am convinced my two year old has tourettes. He has some vocal tics, he swollen saliva around in his mouth a lot and also does a clicking sound with his tongue. I worried about him having ASD for a very long time but for now I've been more or less able to let that one go because he is so sociable and has such a great imagination. I've done a few screening tests for him and he always comes out no risk so now I've moved on to tourettes. I've known for a while he has these tics but I always assumed it was something he just did that he would grow out of. Now I am fixated on itand alli can do is imaginea future forhim wherehewill havereallybad ticsthat he can't control. My emotions are shot to pieces and I feel totally out of control. I don't know if I should take him to the Dr?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Your son sounds normal for a kid trying to learn to speak.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
What has happened to you would make anyone feel stressed and depressed. I remember fairly
recently I lost first my mother, than father, than my uncle and then a pet; very disheartening.
(All within a years timeframe).
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Cattia

• Poke This Member
Thanks for your kind words. I feel so down, I don't know what to do with myself. Hopefully it will pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  I've had 6 and it really is a horrible thing to have happen.  Yes, it will totally knock your emotions for a loop. You have grief plus whacked out hormones.  It's enough to take anyone for a roller coster ride. 

You could call your pediatrician to help ease your fears.  I know I live in fear of something happening to my daughter.

In the meantime, try to take care of you.  Some hot baths, do something in memory of the baby etc.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.  I've been there and know how miserable it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Poke This Member
Soaringfalcon,thank you so much. I can't believe you have been through this six times, I can't imagine how you have coped.
Marc, I am also so sorry to hear that you lost so many loved ones, it must be so hard x
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry for what u went through.Just so you no I was OBSESSED that my son had autism because when he gets excited he wiggles his hands and I mean obsessed ! :spineyes: what I learned through that was U can't take 1 symptom and say okay that's it because he does this .....I work in a daycare center and am around tons of child and each one does something quirky , kids just have little things that they do , also Tourette's crossed my mind about my son and I read that it doesn't really show till there about 9 or 10 ..... Please try to not worry
Bookmark and Share

Tags: