Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this just my HA trying to take over?  (Read 127 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this just my HA trying to take over?
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:10:42 AM »
Hi everyone, I've been feeling better lately but there are days that could use some sunshine.

Basically, around 4 months ago, I started having this weight loss scare as a lot of people kept telling me that I lost weight.

With a mixture of some bacterial diarrhea and a few exercises, I dropped from 207 lbs to 184 lbs in a span of 3 - 4 months. Really scary.

My fears started to alleviate only when this January I started to eat a lot and gain weight again (although my stomach has been complaining about the acid now!). I gained weight back to 190 lbs.

That somehow helped me with my fear but there are just days like this that I feel alone and then start thinking about really negative thoughts about this.

For example, I look at my recent pictures and then tell myself "Oh my god, I think I look thinner". And then I would spend minutes in front of the mirror just looking at my features and see if I am still losing weight. I even take photos of myself using my smartphone just to see if I look thinner or fatter. More often than not, I end up in a very sad condition.

My stool exam during my weight loss scare turned out fine. I had a CBC test with differential count last January which turned out "super perfect" according to my GP. Basically, I am scared of lymphoma/leukemia and stomach cancer (I'm 23 years old).

Is this just my HA trying to creep itself back in? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this just my HA trying to take over?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »
Stomach cancer at 23; forget it. YOur CBC should have picked up LYmphoma or
Leukemia signs; forget that to. The positive is that you gained weight back and you
had a logical explanation for the weight loss.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »
Thanks marc.

I just don't know if this is my rational self telling me that something is wrong with me. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
You are definitely not alone in this. I have been feeling the same way and it drives me crazy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Obsessed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
I get this too! But I'm not worried that much about how thin I get because the doctor said it's okay to have in and out stages
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything