Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Eye, dizziness feeling like I'm walking on jelly :(  (Read 113 times)

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eye, dizziness feeling like I'm walking on jelly :(
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »
Hey guys

So in the couple of weeks since I've been away from the board I've actually felt worse. :(

I really don't know what to do anymore.

I have ocular hypertension. It's like a high pressure in your eyes and when untreated it can eventually lead to glaucoma. (I'm 26)

Apparently you aren't really be meant to feel any symptoms of this but a feeling of pressure behind one eye is what sent me to the optometrist who checked it out to start with.

Now though... I'm getting treatment by using drops everyday and the pressure has dropped a bit. I have a follow up appointment in about four months.

But I'm worried... I can't exercise or I feel the pressure go up (this also happens with really spicy food) so I'm avoiding exercise for the first time in my whole life.

When I'm walking I feel like my eyes are seeing different things and I feel like I'm about to fall down. Like I'm rocking or the footpath isn't solid and I'm walking on jelly.

There's a patch of tension in my skull too where the skin feels tight.

I'm stressed at the moment. I know that. But I feel like something is wrong and I don't know how to fix it.

I'm worried about MS again with the weird dizziness and I really could use some advice.

Could these symptoms all be in my imagination? I mentioned some of them briefly to my ophthalmologist last time and he wasn't worried at all. The dizziness when I'm walking is pretty bad and I feel like I'm in eternal derealisation.

Help? This is the worst I've felt in ages. :( 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eye, dizziness feeling like I'm walking on jelly :(
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »
I meant to ask does anyone think this could be related to eye strain and anxiety?? Rather than Ms or something horrible.

It FEELS horrible, but I've been caught by that before :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: