Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Ectropium on cervix? Can anyone help me!  (Read 179 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ectropium on cervix? Can anyone help me!
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
Hi so I'm 24 weeks pregnant and went to be assessed today due to bleeding after intercourse, the midwife did a speculum to check my cervix and determine what the blood was and she said I have something called an ectropium on my cervix which is basically cells formed on the cervix and if aggravated eg. From intercourse. That is why I'm bleeding. I don't normally bleed after sex when not pregnant however since the birth of my son (he's 19 months) I have painful or more uncomfortable intercourse and I tense up for interval exams etc. I went through HA worrying about cervical cancer but in the uk the age starts from 25 to have a smear and I'm only 21 so I was told I was too young for a test. Anyway my HA passed from that a few months ago but after what the midwife said today I'm really freaking out it could be pre cancerous changes or something! She said this ectropium is pretty common and normal especially in pregnant women but she recommended I get refered to a gynocologist (we usually just go to a nurse here regardless of the issue) so I'm worrying can anyone help me ! Thanks I'm advance
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ectropium on cervix? Can anyone help me!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »
Completely and perfectly normal.  It's what they call a friable cervix and actually one of the ways Drs can tell a woman is pregnant in the early stages. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »
no worries!! I have one and have had it for a couple of years :) totally benign. I will bleed sometimes after intercourse. It can go away on its own (it can take 15 years!!) or you can ask a gynecologist but it is nothing you have to be afraid of :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »
I've never heard of that but I do know that everything is more sensitive down there while your pregnant. Meaning it's really easy for you to bleed. I had spotting after sex early in my first pregnancy, it scared me and my husband so much we abstained until I was 35 weeks with both pregnancies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:11:05 AM »
Oh just to add when I was assessed my heart rate was racing at 120bpm was this cos of me worrying about the examination? I'm glad to hear that it is something normal the midwife said it was but google says different lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: