Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Bent down to pick something up quickly, is brain damage possible?  (Read 190 times)

Offline NeurosisOsmosis

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I bent down quickly then stopped quickly, is it possible to get brain damage from that? I'm torturing myself,  I've got so much risk for brain damage lately I'm thinking of going to the hospital. I just need to get scanned. There is no clear consensus on how much force is required for a diffuse axonal injury. People keep keep telling me that you can get brain damage easily, and the symptoms might not appear for a long time. Sorry for always bothering people here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bent down to pick something up quickly, is brain damage possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
If that was possible just about everybody would have brain damage. It's not easy to get brain damage.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »
Absolutely not... That's what the fluid surrounding your brain does. It's like a shock absorber.

If it was as easy to get brain damage as that - humans would never have made it past the stone ages :p
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »
No chance.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:15:16 AM »
I noticed that you're really hung up on brain damage... You need to calm down! I'm not trying to come off as rude, but I think this fear is really consuming you, and you need some help.

Like all the others said, you can not get brain damage that easily. People would be severely brain damaged if you could get brain damage from doing such simple things like scratching a pimple on your head (saw your other post) or bending down too quickly.

The fluid surrounding your brain acts as a cushion, as someone else said. That is also why you have a hard skull- so it protects your brain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:12 AM »
If you knew what my head has been through you'd have more faith in the protective power of the human skull... I've been struck in the head with a 2x4, brick, and even a bat. All of it 'accidental' in nature. Been in a few fist fights and took a few head shots there too. But by far the worst head injuries have been in the numerous auto accidents I've been in. Seems every time, I always smack my head on the steering wheel. The worst was my first car accident, a 4 car pileup. I crashed into a car in front of me that came to a sudden stop, I was still reeling from the hit and holding my head when my truck was smashed from behind by a car that never saw us stop. I walked away with decent whiplash and a killer headache, but nothing permanent.

So yea.. your noggin' can take a hit or two.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
I've gone flying off more horses than I can remember AND gotten run over by a car AND gotten hit in the face with a soccer ball AND had a large tree branch land on me....no brain damage.  Sum total of injuries from hitting my head: 2 broken noses, some stitches, a few bad headaches.  NO brain damage!  You are fine, you just need to stop obsessing.  Easier said than done, I know, but a good doctor or therapist can help you through it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: