Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is never going to stop.  (Read 127 times)

Online Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This is never going to stop.
« on: March 01, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »
I'm yet again terrified that I'm having a heart attack. I just re-read all of my posts on here and it's so ridiculous. On paper it looks like I've been having the same symptoms for 8 months straight. All of my posts, just like all of my journal entries, are practically identical. YET IM STILL TERRIFIED THAT IM DYING!  If it had been written by anyone else I'd think they were crazy for being so afraid of something that lasted so long. I don't see any hope for my future. I'm always going to be in fear. I don't even know where to go to for help because of financial limitations and so many failed attempts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is never going to stop.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:21 PM »
I think we all feel like this from time to time....
I know I have and still do once in a while.
Suffering from Health Anxiety can become really depressing and make you feel hopeless.
I think one of the main reasons for this is the fact that sometimes peace can be very fleeting for us because we cannot run away from our thoughts....there's nowhere to hide.
It's constantly there.

That's why we need to learn how to retrain our thinking....
Do Bio-Feedback, read self-help books, look up hypnosis videos, etc.
All these things help.
Plus, something that helps me is to eat healthy and I recently started a LITLE bit of exercise....it helps when I'm trying to rationalize things in my mind.

But, don't worry...you just like all of us.
All of us have focused on fantom health issues, insisting we have them, for super long periods of time.
It's part of our disorder....
And we are all here for you if you need anything....we understand, all to clearly, how you are feeling.

Just distract yourself, try saying something positive to replace all of the negatives everytime they pop in your head, sip on some calming herbal teas, read a book, take a walk, sing, dance, cook, exercise, clean, etc.
Anything that will make your day better....and don't forget to smile  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Online Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is never going to stop.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
I don't see how I'll ever accept that it's not my heart. All the tests can do is prove that I didn't have a heart attack, not that I WON'T have one next time. It's not like with my stomach cancer scare where they could prove that I 100% did not have cancer. Of course I could get it in the future, but it takes years to develop. Even if I went for a test right now it wouldn't make me not worry the next time.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: