Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please Please help (severe anxiety/panic and depression)  (Read 236 times)

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please Please help (severe anxiety/panic and depression)
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
Hello, my name is Chris and im 22 years old. Please bare with me and read my story i need opinions. Ive always had panic attacks and anxiety but never long lasting. 4 months ago after pulling a long shift at work i was exhausted and started having a panic attack. It did not stop. For weeks i had constant relentless anxiety and couldnt sleep because id have panic attacks when i tried. It got so bad that i couldnt eat and threw up when i tried. My general doc prescribed me xanax 0.5 mg as needed and zoloft 50 mg daily. The only way i could sleep was if i took enough xanax to borderline black out. This lead to deep depression and a depth of despair and hell i cannot even put into words. A few days after my script things were just too bad so i admitted myself into the mental hospital due to certain thoughts. While there they immediately upped my dose to 100 mg zoloft. I was released 3 days later and for a month I felt better than I ever have. Then at the end of the month exactly i suddenly felt anxiety and depression return and ended up trying to act on those thoughts and readmitted this time against my will and for a period of 7 days and my zoloft once again was upped this time to 150mg. When i got out i felt just ok this time, not amazing like before. Another month went by and the anxiety and depression came back but not as bad as last months regression (should also mention i experienced a lot of rage and irritability this month) and so here i am desperate for a solution. Is zoloft just not for me? Why does it only work for a month? Im noticing a pattern. Am i still not on enough zoloft? Please help i have a wife and son to live for but i feel like a burden on them. :( Thank you for listening. Wouldnt wish this torment on my worst enemy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jones

• 1Peter 2:24
  • Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please Please help (severe anxiety/panic and depression)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
Hey Chris, although I cannot speak on the medication you are on or if it is or isn't working, I do want to just let you know that you are not alone. Many of us with panic and anxiety disorders have many ups and downs, with and without medication. I assume you have a psychiatrist you work with, if so, he/she should be working with you on a solution to why the meds are only working for a short period of time. More importantly, I want to tell you that you should NEVER feel that you are a burden to the ones who love you. I am sure your wife and your son both love you very much and want what is best for you...and that is to get better.

I agree with you...I wouldn't wish anxiety on anyone - it most definitely sucks!

Bookmark and Share
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Offline Dudeyys

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't seen a Pdoc yet. At least not 1 on 1 in the real world. I meet my Pdoc on the 4th. Until now I never made it long enough to see a Pdoc because where I live its a ridiculously long process to have the privilege of having one grace you with their presence. Excuse my attitude but I find the whole slow process extremely aggravating especially when it is effecting my physical health (lost 30 lbs from starvation and not fat but good healthy weight).   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:48:12 PM »
I too have had many ups and downs, feeling hopeless and like I am a burden. I used Zoloft with good success at 75mg. Could be yours is too high. That made mine worse. I think your one month I hate to say this "may be in your head" I'm not saying your crazy but with anxiety we focus on the bad. I get myself worked up just knowing I have to go to the store. My mind always talks me into an attack.
I also had the throwing up. I lost 50lbs and got reflux from that great experience. NOT! I felt like I was losing my mind. I had a few stupid tricks that helped snap me out of it when it got bad. I would run my hands under cold water. Also use cold wash cloth on the back of my neck. And breath slowly. Deep breath in, hold for a few seconds and release slowly through the mouth. Another thing is the breathing but I would raise my arms above my head. I have so many stupid little things but most if the time they work. My 17 year old daughter has them now and these help her.
Also bananas help since they have serotonin in them. Hope something helps you. So sorry you feel like a burden. And are going through this
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:09:34 PM »
Well I did taper up over the months to my dose and each month I relapse again but its not as crippling as the last months regression. Another thing I should add is I would always respond quickly to dose increase (about a week) could be the way I metabolize which makes me respond to SSRI faster. I'm only theorizing though. I also do not believe it to be in my head because when Zoloft works I'm almost fearless, couldnt talk myself into an attack if i tried. However, when it stops it comes out of no where unprovoked and then from that point on it doesn't go away. Does anyone have experience with early onset and then early "poop-out" of AD's? Btw thanks for responding.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: