Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I need help.........  (Read 244 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I need help.........
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
The main concern I have in my life is one thing and one thing only.....

Will I ever be a happy person? Will I ever feel well? Will I eradicate myself from my emotional, mental, psychological issues?

I am taking medication to ease the severe symptoms of depression......I am trying to see a psychologist....

What do i do? where do i turn? A woman I involved myself with wants just friends and is talking to another guy from a dating site....I feel alone....I feel sick.... I feel like there really is no way I can remit from depression and low self esteem.......

What is next? Will I remain disabled? Will I remain like this? 
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need help.........
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:40:13 AM »
Much of these answers depends on your own way of thinking. If you view everything in a negative way, you will stay as you are. I can't see any reason for change at all. It is up to you to make change happen. Now you could do this in a few ways. You could begin with simple affirmations. Positive wording about yourself and your life. You can sites on the net with loads of sayings you can write down. I would stick these around the house. When I pass one I would say it over to myself. What does this do? It sinks into the subconscious mind. The more positive wording we see the more we begin to pick up on it all. As it is now you are only seeing all the negative things in life. If people around you are been negative I would stay away from them for now. Like this girl who just wants to be friends. Obviously she is bringing you down. Making you feel even lower. So she is not doing you any good at all. I would also look for things to do. No just sitting around. Sitting around never helped anybody at all. Try and be productive. Even if it is just 20 minutes to begin with. We all have things we like to do. I am sure you do too. So the real changes have to come from you. Don't wait for others to make them for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
That's a part of it. I'm old and wise enough now to say that that is a part of it, not the whole story though.

I do need to change thought patterns and how I react to certain types of things, but it definitely is more than just thought patterns. It's complex don't you think?

Without the aid of medication I can't even achieve a decent mood for a long amount of time and I am vulnerable to episodes...don't you think it's more of a chemical imbalance that exacerbates the thought patterns? I can't just think my way out of it, I can't look at things differently and get out of it.

I definitely have learned much about it since it became a big issue in my life. I have learned that there's a great deal of biology involved that worked against me and allowed me to start thinking much differently...I believe it's a matter of the chicken or the egg...and I believe the chemical imbalance came first and then thought distortion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »
Will I ever be happy? That is the question on the mind of everyone who knows the hell of depression like you obviously do. Scary question, too.

I really have no intelligent data or input, but I have my own opinions with which I am quite impressed. I'm so smart, that, when others get irritated with me, it is simply because I am operating at a level of intellectual functioning that is far to intimidating to them.

All sarcasm aside. I think that like the stomach's purpose is to digest food and it makes itself noticed when it has had none for a while, the mind is the same. Only thing is that the mind, even life, digests "purpose." When it has no life purpose other than physical and sexual appetite satiation, then it (the mind) demands food. It's hungry. There are individuals who are happy leading lives only to satisfy body appetites. The world to them is like being in a big zoo. Just an animal. They are okay with it. Others' minds want more than that (like yours), so we are called mentally ill, because we want more than just satiated appetites. So our mind hurts. It needs purpose to keep it from being hungry. It needs to be well nourished on a daily basis. Just "being", simply isn't good enough. Relationships cover a lot of bases, and offer some purpose for living pretty well.

I believe that since I never asked to be born, there must be some other power that requested that I be born (this is simply my belief, nevertheless). That power must have some ideas about my life purpose. That's why I pray. Yes, I am better than everyone else. Shame on you! (I'm being sarcastic again!) Anyway, it often means relating, or helping others. I am not that spiritual technically because I desired a female relationship (in that relating to others scheme) in order to satisfy my sexual urges and provide social validation in the process. However, I have been truly happier since March of 2012 for the simple reason that I leaned on a group of peers for support and progressed to using the strength received from them to help others (very popular self help scheme). I take medications and meet individually with someone as well (of the same sex for talk therapy). If the girl who you are seeing wants to be friends that sucks. Heard that one. I'm an ugly guy, so that's to be expected. You have a purpose, a talent, like a gift to share, and that is where happiness is.

What is your talent? I think that takes introspection, some risk, and a lot of patience.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Tags:

anything