Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just wonderin if this may or may not be Fibro???  (Read 513 times)

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just wonderin if this may or may not be Fibro???
« on: March 01, 2014, 02:21:01 PM »
I am a 25 year old female who up until this past august suffered migraines and occasional bowel issues. The first week of august I was putting a baby shower together and I started having heart burn, from there I experienced my very first panic attack which led me to believe I was having a heart attack so I rushed to the ER just to be told it was anxiety. I have had extensive testing done to rule out heart issues but it is now February and I still have chest pain localized on the left hand side. I was told after three months in and out of the hospital that it was costochondritis but I still have this horrific pain and it wraps around my back and down my left arm. However, when I experienced this pain for the first time, it was accompanied by complete left side numbness (ruled out MS and stroke) and when the feeling began coming back, I spent a month with tingling extremities, and now, I my ankle and foot ache horribly as does my left upper arm and hand. The pain is present every day and I don't know what I did to start this. I know I was a little stressed with the baby shower planning but not enough to cause long term damage to my body. I have no control over myself anymore. I got an ANA blood panel done two weeks ago and I tested positive for whatever this is. I was told it was in the family of fibromyalgia, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. I am currently waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist but I don't know how long it will take to get in. Does this sound like anything any of you are experiencing or have experienced?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just wonderin if this may or may not be Fibro???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
Fibromyalgia pain is felt over the entire body. The pain can be a deep, sharp, dull, throbbing, or aching and is pain that's felt in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments around the joints. The Arthritis Foundation describes the muscle and tissue pain as tender, aching, throbbing, sore, burning, and gnawing.

For some people with fibromyalgia, the pain comes and goes. The pain also seems to travel throughout the body. Along with the deep muscle soreness and body aches, people with fibromyalgia may have painful tender points or localized areas of tenderness around their joints that hurt when pressed with a finger. It's the tissue around the joints rather than the joints themselves that hurts. These tender points are often not areas of deep pain. Instead, they are superficial, located under the surface of the skin.

The location of tender points is not random. They are in predictable places on the body. If you apply pressure to tender points on a person without fibromyalgia, he or she would just feel pressure. For a person with fibromyalgia, pressing the tender points can be extremely painful.

Just to give you a full list of common symptoms. You can tick the boxes as to which ones you might have.

Pain
Anxiety
Concentration and memory problems -- known as "fibro fog"
Depression
Fatigue
Headaches
Irritable bowel syndrome
Morning stiffness
Painful menstrual cramps
Sleep problems
Numbness, and tingling in hands, arms, feet, and legs
Tender points
Urinary symptoms, such as pain or frequency
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »
Wow.. besides the full body tender points, I have all of this. I have left side tender spots. So far, my right side has been relatively normal. But I have the tingles, the pains and all the other symptoms. Never really thought they could be related. However, my PCP doesn't seem to think I have fibro. She is thinking more like lupus.. but I don't have the symptoms of lupus. I just tested positive on an ANA panel and she has been set on it being because of lupus. But I am waiting to see a Rheumatologist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ~ JustMe ~

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:11:39 AM »
I can tell you from my experience.. My docs told me lupus. I had so many test done. Always testing for something. Many trips to the ER later and multiple doc visits and tests, I have fibro and anxiety. Health anxiety get pretty rough at times. I've found that the pain from fibro triggers attacks all the time and stress makes fibro worse. I don't want to discourage you but to let u know what I had done. I hope it helps and I'm here to listen.  The biggest thing I try to do is control my mind but its tough. Hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:35 AM »
My ANA was also positive and I do have Fibro it can change so much and cause a lot of pain all through the body and along with anxiety it does flare up worse.. I too also had the testing done many years back and nothing showed up and everything you are talking about I also have.. the more anxiety and stress also just lifting on things can trigger the pain and make us feel miserable.

Fibro is finally getting more attention and not being pushed aside and told oh its just pain and in your head.  Fibro can be triggered by many things.

hope you get the answers you need and the help to feel better.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Tags: