Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Salmonella from peanut butter!!!  (Read 122 times)

Offline NervousLuke

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Salmonella from peanut butter!!!
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
I just had a peanut butter sandwich and am fearing salmonella! I know that it is very possible to get it from ingesting peanut butter. After I ate it with coffee, and juice, I had to go the bathroom 10 minutes later and had, sorry to be vulgar, the d-word. Now I also feel a loss of appetite, which I know is another symptom. I haven't puked yet but wouldn't be surprised if it happened any minute now. I feel kind of sick, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NervousLuke

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Salmonella from peanut butter!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
I'm never eating peanut butter, ever again, I don't want to risk the chance of salmonella.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
It takes 6 to 72 hours for symptoms to appear.  So it wouldn't be salmonella.  Maybe it was the coffee and the juice soon after (was the juice ice cold?)  One time I ate ice cream and then drank coffee and VERY soon afterward I got the big D... my husband said the combo of very hot and very cold CAN cause diarrhea.  If that was the cause then you should be fine in a little while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NervousLuke

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
It takes 6 to 72 hours for symptoms to appear.  So it wouldn't be salmonella.  Maybe it was the coffee and the juice soon after (was the juice ice cold?)  One time I ate ice cream and then drank coffee and VERY soon afterward I got the big D... my husband said the combo of very hot and very cold CAN cause diarrhea.  If that was the cause then you should be fine in a little while.

the juice was really cold and the coffee was really hot. I hope you're right. Right now I feel ok I guess. But not 100%. I just wish I didn't eat the peanut butter in the first place. Too much risk.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »
I am nuts about foods too.  What I do is buy the peanut butter and either wait until a non-hypo in my house eats it (I tell my husband to wait, but he just waves his hand at me like, "Don't be stupid" and he eats it), OR keep it for a while and check the recall lists.  If anything does have salmonella it does make the food recall lists.  And stay away from OFF brands.  (that's what I do)
No you wouldn't feel 100% so quick, you did a number on your insides (twisted them around a bit) so it takes a while for them to settle.  You'll be normal tomorrow if it was the hot coffee/cold juice (like I said though, it's NOT salmonella - it happened too quickly)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: