Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: What is wrong with me!?  (Read 210 times)

Offline djombee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is wrong with me!?
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »
Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum today - I signed up because on and off for what I can only describe as years i've had the following reoccurring symptoms for with I have had many many many test for and mostly its been negative and then the problem goes away for months sometimes but it always comes back:

- Lighthead (the feeling that i haven't slept in days and i'm walking around in a bit of a daze)
- not being able to concentrate
- on edge (like i've had too much coffee)
- palpitations (i can sometimes really feel my heart beating, especially at night)
- short of breath
- headaches emanating from my eyes (if that makes any sense
- permanently worn out
- feeling sick

Sometimes I'll be walking around a shop or somewhere and suddenly I'll feel really light headed and a bit dizzy and shaky.
when I have bouts of these symptoms they can last for weeks.

What i'd like someone to tell me is, does this sound like GAD? I can look at a list of symptoms but it doesn't tell me emough detail, i need to hear from someone who has it.

Many thanks,

James
Bookmark and Share

Offline djombee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is wrong with me!?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
Just to add to the above - I wouldn't say I'm "worried" about anything really, these episodes just come on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »
Sounds like GAD. I have it bad. All that you have listed I have plus severe muscle tension and pain. I get the same way when in out also. I am dizzy at home too:( I am in a fog a lot and the eye pain, pretty much everything you described.
It is no fun and very scary at times. I wish you luck in finding a balance for yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline djombee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I will add that when it happened last Sunday I was looking around some shops with my girlfriend when I suddenly felt dizzy and shaky and a bit sick and I wasn't worried or panicking about anything. It lasted for the rest of the day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan_76

• Finland
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:10:55 AM »
Sounds so familiar. Especially the fact that I am neither specifically fearful or worried about something. And this doesn't fully fit the text book anxiety. I have had the same for almost 4 years now.

But is it anxiety what you are experiencing? I don't know for sure.

I don't know if I have anxiety or something else. Now that my well being has gone downhill for few months, I have started to be more and more convinced that the anxiety could be behind all this. What else it could be? Like you, I have been through countless lab works and other tests, which all have come back negative.

How to fix it? Here I am lost.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
I get this to, my doctor said to me it's all due to anxiety. Sometimes I even feel although my legs and arms are light and sort of not functioning right. Scary but chances are it's the anxiety!
I'm sure if they were concerned even slightly when doing your tests they would of let you know.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: