Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I might have this  (Read 107 times)

Offline Billiam

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I might have this
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum! I go to the doc on Tuesday to see what/if something is wrong.
So a little bit about what I'm going through. I have awful intrusive thought like: what if I have a illness, what's if I die,what happens when you die? Heaven, hell or do you just not exist!whats going to happen to my family, how will my kids take it! What will there future be like without me. The thing is I love life and want to get back to that. I know these a normal thoughts but I can't shake them. I had heart palpitations and it scared the living daylights out of me. To the point I'm not eating or going #2 and I have dry mouth. So then I start thinking ok something is wrong that's why I'm not doing these things! I have a constant feel of unease and that keeps my mind going. It's like racing thoughts. I just want my mind to go back to how I was! And these symptoms came out of no where. I just turned 30 years old and feel I have a lot left. My smoking has increased a lot also! I was even wondering if I'm developing skitzophrenia sorry for my spelling. My mother in law suffers sever depression, anxiety and panic attacks. And it scares me that one day I'll wake up and be like that. Sorry for my rant! So what do you guys think? My mother Inlaw thinks Buspar could help along with therapy. I know I can beat this and move on. I also have a what I think is a derealization or depersonalization. This sucks and is terrifying!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I might have this
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
These are the symptoms of a panic attack:

Palpitations, and/or accelerated heart rate
    Sweating
    Trembling or shaking
    Sensations of shortness of breath or being smothered
    Feeling of choking
    Chest pain or discomfort
    Nausea or abdominal distress
    Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint
    De-realization (feelings of unreality) or depersonalization (being detached from oneself)
    Fear of losing control or going insane
    Sense of impending death
    Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations)
    Chills or hot flashes

Sounds like you have an anxiety disorder. Your doctor will say the same. Anxiety problems are unimaginably terrifying, and the worst attacks do indeed make you think you're going to die. But you won't.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Billiam

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I might have this
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »
Hey thanks that made me feel better! Lol first time I smiled in a week. I haven't been able to eat regularly or poop(sorry) and have had dry mouth for about a week. My mom in law was saying Buspar is the mildest of meds since I'm afraid to take meds in fear I might get even crazier. And meds and therapy can help with the thoughts that I am going crazy and the dp
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything