Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Neuro issues, jerks, twitches, cramps, HELP!  (Read 260 times)

Offline Pyr

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Neuro issues, jerks, twitches, cramps, HELP!
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »
My GAD crosses over with hypochondria and depression.  For the past few months I have had bunch of undiagnosed neuro problems.   At night I have burning hot pain in my arms which then turn icy, my toes and fingers cramp and spasm and I have popcorn twitches in my muscles.  Sometimes I feel the symptoms during the day to a lesser extent.  Also while waking I have an internal tremor, like Im shaking all over but Im not.  I also have involuntary swallowing and wake up shakey every morning. 

I have had 3 brain MRIs, an eeg, an EMG and still cannot help fearing that I have ALS.  I am waiting for the "weakness" to set in.  I have seen 3 neuros and an EMG  and no one can explain.  I am afraid of ALS.   I am in so much pain - can this be psychiatric?  I have been taking lexapro for 5 weeks and klonopin and NEITHER does anything to help my symptoms.  In fact I think its ironic that my symptoms started while taking the klonopin and they sound so much like klonopin withdrawal symptoms!

I am so scared and because no doctor has found anything, everyone is convinced its in my head.   No one has any more patience for me.  Anyone in the same boat?  Why arent meds working if its psychiatric??????  Thanks  I have 3 kids and I cant go on anymore.  My family is ready to commit me.   I can't accept the dr's reassurance because I keep thinking that I am in the beginning stages of this.  I am ready to see another neuro next week.  This is not rationale, but the symptoms are REAL and SCARY and rehabilitating!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Neuro issues, jerks, twitches, cramps, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:10:49 PM »
How do you know those symptoms are ALS? I mean, you've had them for a while now, and you've never been diagnosed with it. It suggests that those symptoms are actually a sign that you do not have ALS. Because it would be really weird to have the same symptoms generated by health anxiety that would match the symptoms of something else that you would also go on to get.

When you combine that with how rapidly the symptoms would get worse once they were as noticable as they are, and how for you they have not gotten worse, it is highly improbable for it to actually be anything other than health anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: