Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 165 times)

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
I need help...
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »
Hello, this is something differnet than that i usually post here, but its still a fear, i hope irrational, so i guess it still can be here... To start off, i recently downloaded 3 indie games using torrent, and i have read about that its illegal and how people have been sued for astronomical amounts of money for downloading, and im afraid the same will happen to me, I am in tears now since i really dont want to get in trouble. I need  some help about this, and i live in czech republic for further info. Please help me...
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need help...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
I do the same almost every day of the week. As do billions of other people around the world. Most sites are blocked by our phone companies over here. So all the sites have proxy versions too. What is a proxy version? It simply means nobody will be able to tell you were ever on the site as your IP is hidden. It is masked. That is the only way we can use those sites here in Ireland. You want to be safe, look for the name of the site that you use as a rule but with proxy added to it. That way you are invisible on the site. At least your IP is. Nothing can be traced back to you. I do know most of the sites that still exist have proxy versions as well. This post may be removed by a Mod as it explains how to be safe while illegally downloading. Hope you get to read it in advance.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need help...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
Thanks, i have sorted it out a bit with Hypo84 or what the number is on *****, so im feeling kinda calmer now.
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Tags: