Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: brain tumor fears....  (Read 157 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
brain tumor fears....
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:37:40 AM »
Ok so for at least 2 weeks I've had on and off dull headaches across my forehead. I fear the worst of course. I'm so scared of cancer thru out my body of a brain tumor. Can anyone relate?

also, if there was something sinister running thru my body would something be off on a regular blood panel cbc test?? My Dr is not concerned with the headaches and refuses to give me a brain scan as I had a normal one in 2010.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: brain tumor fears....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »
I also want to add... That the headaches are only off and on, and I'm under major stress. All blood work came back normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline starfish37

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »
Headaches are a funny thing.  They seem to arrive in patches of time for me, and generally relate to to the weather (even if not noticeable weather changes have occurred!).  When I would worry about the same things you are worrying about, I would take a good look at any minute changes that have taken place in my environment and rest my hopes on that being the cause.  Sooner or later, I would forget about the headaches and they would disappear as mysteriously as they appeared.  Another thing to consider: sinus pressure (I'm sure you have thought of this).  Headaches across the forehead make me think you've got something brewing in your sinuses perhaps.  Even without congestion, sinuses can be inflamed from things as non sinister as dry air.  Do something relaxing (haha - hard for us all, I know) - sit in a steam room or sauna or go for a walk.  Just breathe.  Stress can do crazy things to our bodies.  Be well.    :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »
Anyone  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
a brain tumor would cause symptoms much more obvious than just a headache, and brain tumors also don't come and go as they please; someone on this forum described them once as "persistent and bossy" and that they MAKE themselves known through symptoms that i won't go into detail about so as to not trigger you. but trust me, dull headaches are NOT one of those symptoms.

a vast majority of headaches are completely benign and caused by stress, sinus issues, lack of sleep, poor posture, stiff neck muscles, and a multitude of other normal things we all go through from time to time. chronic stress is one of the biggest contributors to tension headaches which can easily occur across your forehead as you described.

as for your blood work, i'm quite sure that any sort of cancer or malignant mass would alter your blood results and cause your doctor some alarm and to order more tests. i know it's frustrating that he won't give you another head scan, but think of it as a good sign that he isn't concerned about you having a tumor or being seriously ill. doctors tend to know more about the health issues we fear than we do, after all.  :laugh3:

(it's ironic that i can reply to this thread so calmly when brain tumors and cancers are my current biggest fear as well. i can definitely relate to your anxiety when it comes to this.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
Also, to go along with the above post -

We live in a world where everyone and their brother are "sue-happy". Doctors are ALWAYS trying to cover their butts! So there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that a doctor WOULDN'T allow you to get a brain scan if he even had the SLIGHTEST inkling that a brain tumor might be possible. They wouldn't risk the chance of you suing them.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: