Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: gad and temple pressure?  (Read 169 times)

Offline fishiepooh

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
gad and temple pressure?
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Hi all.   I've suffered from g.a.d on and off for years.   Been many years though since it's crept up.   The last two weeks it's made a return but a little differently.   In addition to my normal symptoms I have a slight pressure on both temples.   Of course due to my nature and anxiety I've done what I'm sure many of you have and convinced myself it's unrelated and something much more serious like early stroke warning signs.   Trying to find out if this is something others have experienced.   Would welcome anyone taking me off the ledge.   Also one other thing.   Haven't slept in 2 days.   Right when I drift off I get the falling feeling and jump up awake.   I'd anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: gad and temple pressure?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
Hi . . . welcome to the forum . . . .

Well, I will get pressure in my temples because of anxiety  . . .my anxiety tends to tighten up all the muscles and then the more I focus on it, the worse it becomes . . . then, as the anxiety decreases and my muscles relax so to the pressure goes away . . . I am not a med professional so I cannot speak to whether it is GAD or not . . . I really think that your muscles are tensing up . . . . perhaps, since it seems to be such a concern to you, you might get some reassurance from checking it out with your doc . . . you say that your GAD has returned . . . are you taking any meds (prescribed or over the counter) that might not agree with you? The other issue is that not sleeping in 2 days will cause symptoms such as you describe (for me, the temple discomfort used to be a prelude to a headache because of not sleeping) . . . because you are not sleeping, then it is probably getting difficult for you to get comfortable and secure in sleeping and this is keeping anxiety brain on overdrive . . . my only suggestion and I don't know how do-able this is for you is to have someone, if you live alone, be there for you until you get back into a sleep pattern . . . lack of sleep is a big trigger, for me, of anxiety and the less I sleep, the less able I am to sleep . . . so, please don't let this go too long . . . .I think if you got reassurance from your doc, then you would be able to get back into a stable sleep pattern . . . let us know how it is going . . .we can't diagnose here, but we are a welcoming and supportive community so we are always here for you to the best of what we can do . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:34:36 AM »
I get the same thing all the time too... strange pressure, light pain feeling on my temples. It's tension related, because as I relax my neck and shoulders, the pressure eases up a bit. Doesn't always go completely away, but does ease up a hair.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishiepooh

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:15:41 AM »
Thanks clipper!

It's been many years since I battled this.  I'm getting that horrible feeling any time I drift off to sleep that rocks me back awake (falling).  Blood pressure is up.  Racing thoughts.  Nausea that comes and goes.  Terrible tremors.  etc.

I had forgotten how miserable this experience is and how it's so hard for others to empathize given the lack of physical symptoms.  Responses like yours certainly help.  There is so much truth to the old adage "misery loves company"

What's funny is that even though these symptoms are very similar to what I have felt years ago, it doesn't stop me from convincing myself I'm about to have a stroke.  So frustrating!
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
what about taking bendreyal can't spell or Tylenol pm ? I had a terrible bout with insomnia last july when I was trying to get back on an anti depressant I had just gone off of. I had trouble for 6 wks. I would at least take them once in a while to at least get some sleep. the brain gets so tired with the anxiety and being sleep deprived. then when  you get afraid of not being able to sleep it is a snow balling effect. I remember how terrible it was and so scarey we tend to think I may never sleep again these thoughts makes things worst we are our on worst enemy. there is a medication called trazone that some take that is not habit forming. I never took it but some on here have it is  a low dose of it works like an antihamistine like benderyal. I sure hope it gets better soon but I know it sucks big time,\.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: