Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: dizziness  (Read 134 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dizziness
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me, I have put some posts on here about the stabbing headaches. I have been getting and my brain tumour fears, anyway I have been trying to sort myself out and have been on beta blockers now for about 8 weeks. Start CBT in april. Now, I have been recording my headaches and other symptoms over that last 4 months, and I am hopeful that the headaches are lessening, the head rush feelings I get are about once a week when they were every other day so again I am hoping they are improving. But I still can't shake off the dizziness and feeling like I'm on a boat, not sure if this is still part of anxiety and whether I just need more time for this symptom to pass.

I still get really scared if I have a twitch or somethuing like that.

Anyone availablle to cooment please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline starfish37

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizziness
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »
I've been afraid of anything to do with the brain for as long as I can remember.  It was my first fear as a child, I'm sure.  After aliens and ghosts, maybe.   :happy0151:  First off, I want to say I understand your fear and can be empathetic to your plight at least in some ways.  It can really get away from us, can't it?  That said, we all need to focus on the positive: it's likely that you've seen a doctor about your issue and that you're taking action to clear it up.  You're doing what you can do and that takes time.  It's the waiting to see if our actions to solve the problem are effective that causes health anxiety sufferers to remain in the muck much longer than others may.  Even if you don't feel anxiety, your body is on some level responding as though you are.  Perhaps that's where your headaches come in.  Same with the dizziness.  Take some time to really focus and breathe deeply.  You'll make it through. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizziness
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
Hey! I'm currently on a boat too! I've been "on the boat" for just over two weeks and have a heavy head feeling and almost tension like feeling in the back / base of my skull and the back of my head tingles a lot. I definitely think the boat feeling is anxiety related. Good news, I've had this feeling before and one day it just sort of disappeared... Bad news.. 4 months later I'm bobbing around again. I haven't found much that helps it but chiropractor and massage do help with the head pains and heavy tingly head feeling :)
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Tags: