Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: anyone else? How do you handle it?  (Read 120 times)

Offline blueeyedcarolinamom

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone else? How do you handle it?
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »
I am new to this board and am just now coming to the realization that I have an anxiety problem.  I always thought of myself as a worrier but it really is taking its toll on me and my loved ones. 

For me the issue seems to center around feelings of negativity and then anger.  I get carried away with being so negative when I feel anxious.  It's a never-ending cycle.  And then the anger comes but it really is more of a fear that I cloak in anger.  My life right now is pretty difficult as well as my personal relationship with my boyfriend.  I have beaten him down a bit and been pretty negative about us.  He is about fed up with my behavior.  I tried to speak with him last night about anxiety and he is having a hard time believing that my negativity towards him and about him is related to anxiety.  Our situation isn't the best at the moment, more of a long distance relationship, crazy ex-wife, etc. 

So my question is does anyone else give off anger and negativity?  If so, how do you handle it?  I have got to stop....
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone else? How do you handle it?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »
Hi Blue, yes I have felt feelings of irritability or anger, and negativity.  I'm usually a happy person so when I get in those funks I attribute it to hormones and/or a bit of depression.  If I keep my feelings inside, which I know doesn't help, I'm not as bothered by feeling anger, but if I get short with someone, or speak in a negative way I get very upset because I hate to hurt anyone I love (or anyone else for that matter).

The best way to stop being that way is first, recognize it (which you already have), and then just don't do it.  It's simple really...sometimes with anger lashing out (with harsh words) is almost impulsive, but before you say something you'll regret, step back and think first, it's always never worth it. 

Negativity is no fun either...try to thing of things in terms of gratitude...instead of looking at the down side of a situation always look for that silver lining, sometimes it takes a little creativity, but with practice you can find something positive in anything.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: