Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain zap help please  (Read 488 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain zap help please
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »
I keep getting bad brain and neck shivers that go to my arms, I know this is common when coming off paxil. I'm on day 2 of coming off any advice please? There making me sick to my stomach.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain zap help please
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
I keep getting bad brain and neck shivers that go to my arms, I know this is common when coming off paxil. I'm on day 2 of coming off any advice please? There making me sick to my stomach.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do, but they usually don't last long. Sudden movement of the head and bending down tends to bring them on, and you're more likely to have them when tired.

I suspect these are caused by 'short circuits' as the brain begins to rewire itself in response to the absence of the med and the loss of the brain cells and strengthened interconnects that it had supported. I've seen people have similar symptoms after a stroke.

While alarming, the zaps don't actually cause any harm. The brain is a highly 'plastic' organ which rewires itself constantly, but this can be more pronounced during and especially after withdrawal.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »
Bending over is making it a lot worse like you said it's making my arm tingly too a little. Am I having a frigin stroke? Or about to? Damn help I'm wiggin out. I keep getting sweaty after
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 01:44:22 AM »
Am I having a frigin stroke? Or about to?

No. Strokes are not caused by brain cells, or withdrawing from antidepressants, but by either the blockage, or rupture of blood vessels.

I keep getting sweaty after

Because you're anxious. It is a flight-or-fight response symptom.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 02:18:26 AM »
Can u like slowly develop symptoms of a stroke over time? Leading to one? Cause I always have like my left side gets like pins and needles/ numb feeling on one side. I'm afraid of having a stroke.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »
Can u like slowly develop symptoms of a stroke over time? Leading to one? Cause I always have like my left side gets like pins and needles/ numb feeling on one side. I'm afraid of having a stroke.

Unlikely. A stroke is the death of brain cells when their blood supply is cut off due to a blocked or ruptured blood vessel.

There are other neurological disorders that might account for it though. Starting with a pinched nerve. Have you had it checked out?

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
Yeah I have an emg soon, I'm just worried it's my heart or like a blood clot in my neck or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
Yeah I have an emg soon, I'm just worried it's my heart or like a blood clot in my neck or something

Strokes result from clots in the brain, not the neck. Clots in the neck won't cause the numbness. OTOH, a pinched nerve there might.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
It sucks cause for some reason they ordered a emg on my left arm and leg
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
It sucks cause for some reason they ordered a emg on my left arm and leg

EMGs (electromyography) measure electrical activity of muscles so they have to test them where they are.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 07:50:08 PM »
Now it's happening to me when I move my eyes to the left, still possibly brain shivers?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Now it's happening to me when I move my eyes to the left, still possibly brain shivers?

Probably. Just keep active to take your mind of all the symptoms. They don't mean anything anyway. Read a book, go for a walk, rearrange your sock draw, whatever.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:33:32 PM »
You give me a lot of advice, this may be a little personal but could I get your number? I don't mean it in a weird way I just feel comfortable talking to you about this . Maybe I can text you and you can help me out, this is very difficult and painful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
I just got home from the hospital and on my chart it says paraesthesia neuropathy idk if he put that cause of the brain shivers or what
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »
Or maybe cause of what I was complaining about? Can someone help me?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: