Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone still have the tension and tightness even when not anxious  (Read 401 times)

Offline Sunl8k

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have tension and tight muscles even when not anxious at the moment. I don't have much pain. Just notice my legs are weak and shakey and so are my arms. I usually have horrible tension with burning muscles and a lot of pain. I have it almost everyday, some days are better then others. Does anyone else have where you just feel right and shakey, somewhat dizzy even if you are not having anxiety at the moment? It kinda sets my anxiety off again. I took a hot bath and that just makes it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone still have the tension and tightness even when not anxious
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
I do notice tightness when I am not anxious. Maybe I tighten my muscles subconsciously now since I do it so often.  Also,sometimes my muscles tighten and I think I am not anxious but I soon realize that I am a little anxious and that's why I am tightening.  Sometimes the only symptom I have from my anxiety is tightened muscles.  They hurt really bad.  i got really upset about it today cuz I just feel like I cant live like this and I try sooo hard to get it to stop.  I hope someday I can control it and get it to go away :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »
Almost every day. Like you said, some days are better than others, but other days, to me, are just... almost unbearable.

However, my tension is in my stomach and chest primarily. I'll also get it in my upper neck and back at times. The stomach pain is the one that's most constant. It can be a dull ache in the upper left quadrant of my abdominals (Where the stomach is located) or more in the middle (Solar Plexus). I have constant stomach issues as of lately, such as reflux that doesn't burn, but is definitely there.

During anxiety attacks my chest will tighten up... A lot. My breathing becomes shallow. Stomach aches and tenses up. All fun stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »
I know what you mean. It is so frustrating. I feel like I am actually not anxious but my body keeps fighting me to think I am:( if I didn't have this tension and shaky legs and arms I would be feeling great. I know your supposed to exercise but when you feel like this how can you. A hot bath didn't help it only made it worse
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
I also have reflux. Not usually burning but def there. Most of my pain is in shoulders, neck arms and legs. It hurts so bad sometimes I can't even move because they are so tight. I do get the chest tension sometimes. I feel like I'm dying. I usually can help that and my reflux somewhat by raising my arms above my head and stretching out. I look like an idiot when I do it in public but hey. If it works to give some relief oh well what people think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »
I know your suppose to exercise too but I also have a hard time when i feel like this.  Its hard to breath already let alone when im excercising.  I feel like I may pass out sometimes
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:53:07 PM »
Haha. Totally know what you mean!! It's easy for doctors to tell you what you are supposed to do when they don't understand you can't! I do find the stretching does help a little. Real good stretches and hold them for a few seconds. That's the only way I can function sometimes is if I lay on the floor and do some good stretching. Not exercises but at least I'm doing something. My 17 year old daughter just started having then too:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »
they do say they run in families :( My grandma, uncle, and cousin all have them :( no fun!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »
Yeah. My aunt and sister have them. I was hoping it would skip my kids. I always kinda hid it from them if I could so they wouldn't pick it up if it was more of a "learned" behavior. I wondered when she would get them though because she used to have small ones when she was younger.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HayMichele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
yeah i had little ones when i was younger,  i would get them when i went and spent the night at my friends house.  i would use the excuse that i didnt feel good or i couldnt sleep to get my dad to come pick me up
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
I never had then until I was in my 20's. my daughter has a friend who had them and she would do the same thing when she spent the night. After a while I would just sit up with her until she calmed down and fell asleep. I wonder what it is that has changed. I never heard of anyone having them until I first did about 12 years ago and still didn't know many. Now I run into so many people that have anxiety and panic disorder
Bookmark and Share

Tags: