Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i'd like someone to talk to  (Read 185 times)

Offline nitleyechos

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i'd like someone to talk to
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
let me introduce myself. I have a lot of insecurities and fears that I struggle to deal with. It makes it very hard on the people around me which worries me even more. I afraid that people will get tired of me and get rid of me, among other things. I shouldn't think that and I feel guilty just typing it. I wish I had someone to talk to. my mother doesn't like to listen to me talk about the things that worry me since they are often paranoid and irrational. she thinks I need to start going to the gym and dating. I recently moved back home from college and I don't have any friends here and I don't have anyone to talk to. I recently started going to a church group for young adults. I hope I meet a friend there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i'd like someone to talk to
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »
Hello, I'm so glad you are here. I know exactly what you are feeling. I often feel like a burden on my family and have a lot of guilt due to the affect my anxiety disorder has on them. But just try to remember it isn't your fault and they love you unconditionally. When it comes to your mom I can also relate. It is almost impossible for people who have not gone through this to comprehend or relate to your fears. It might help to better educate these individuals so they can at least understand that although to them your fears are silly or irrational to you they are very real and sometimes out of your control. My name is Chris. I hate that other people experience the things I have and I wish I could take your pain away. I would like to be your friend and Im here of you need to talk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:58:14 AM »
You've come to the right place, this forum is full of people willing to assist.  :action-smiley-065:

Hope everything is well my friend.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nitleyechos

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »
thank you all. that was a very warm welcome. I feel relief already.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kristi1

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »
I am also very new to this forum and struggle daily with health anxiety. It's absolutely crippling and as like you my mother stopped listening and decided that I am 'nuts'. I wish it lt were that simple. I'm up all night and can only work part time because I'm up all night worrying. I'm 22 years old and I feel like this has just consumed my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bash0440

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
I am 21 and I know exactly how you are feeling. When i talk to my parents about my anxiety or things that bother me they always think that I'm overreacting or feel sorry for me. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I just need them to listen and be there for me when I need them. I graduated college last May and didn't manage to make one friend that still keeps in touch with me from my 3 years there. It is very depressing and I feel that I've let myself down. I love people and making people laugh but I am always afraid of not being good enough or people not excepting me because of my anxiety. I try not to talk about it to anyone and it's really hard to put on a strong face when all I want to do is break down and cry 90% of the time. I am here to talk to if you ever need anything. I am new to the site too and from what I've seen so far there are a lot of good people on here willing to talk :) Take care always
Bookmark and Share

Offline willowmina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »
Hi, I know how your feeling about being a burden on people or scared people are going to get sick of you I feel the same way. I dont think its they get sick of us I think its they dont know how to deal with it. In my case anywyas I think that they try to help me and sometimes it doesnt work so they get frustrated..which I dont blame them i get frustrated with myself lol :spineyes:.  Im not too sure how this grou works to much since im new but just having someplace to go and hear other peoples stories and have people read yours and have that one thing in common is a great feeling!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: