Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new guydealing with anxiety and high BP  (Read 149 times)

Offline crash

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new guydealing with anxiety and high BP
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:18 PM »
Hello I used to have severe panic attacks triggered by the loss of a close friend I went thru several meds then got one that worked flouxetine was on it for several years been off of it for about 5 I worry about my health all the time I have slightly high Blood pressure controlled by atenenol always in normal ranges but last 2 days have had stomach issues and bp has been running upper 140s or 150s over upper 80s to 90s I know being sick can raise bp but can it raise it this much even when you are on medication for it
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new guydealing with anxiety and high BP
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
Hi crash,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum.

Yes being sick can raise your blood pressure quite a bit.  I know it has for me in the past.  Likewise anxiety can do the same. 

I am going to move your topic to the Hypochondia Section because I think you will get the best answers to your questions in that section. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline crash

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. I would bring this to the attention of your doctor.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:08:47 AM »
Being sick and stressed can definitely raise your blood pressure even if your on the meds.  Guessing you're taking your BP at home.  Those machines aren't always accurate so in addition to calling your doc as marc suggested, tell him you want to come in for a 5 min visit so that he can check the accuracy of your machine.  Basically, he'll take your BP as he normally would then you take it with the machine.  If the numbers are different, then your machine isn't working right.

I had to do this about 6 months ago.  Was taking my BP at home and it was scary high - 180/110 or 195/115 - scared the sh*t out of me - went on for about 2 months.  Finally called the doc and he said come in with the machine - he took my BP and it was 110/80 then I took it with the machine and it was 150/99.  I left the machine in his garbage can on my way out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:13:50 AM »
Being sick CAN raise your blood pressure whether on medication or not.  So can getting extremely nervous about something. Not sure where you live, but mine has been running just like yours and I am blaming it on this absolutely FRIGID cold winter we are having this year.  Cold weather raises it too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crash

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
Thank you I took it when I woke up 120 over 76 then after being up a couple hours 140 over 85 stomach still kinda hurts and stool is loose
Bookmark and Share

Tags: