Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone had "weakness" or odd sensation on one side of body?  (Read 350 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone had "weakness" or odd sensation on one side of body?
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »
So of course, I'm worried.

I've actually had this for quite a while. Almost every evening for at least the past month or two. I wouldn't say it's a tingling sensation, and its not numb because I pinch myself and I can feel pain. But I've had my entire left side of my body have this really odd sensation - mostly at night when I'm watching TV or relaxing. It'll start and then I'll continuously feel it the rest of the evening. I feel it on my left cheek, left arm, and left leg. I know anxiety can cause things like this, but it happens even when I'm not stressed out about anything. Grr. I also want to mention that I had a CT scan of my brain 2 years ago and it was clean. Could a brain tumor have appeared in that time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hazeyjane

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone had "weakness" or odd sensation on one side of body?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:44:17 PM »
I get this too! The first time this happened I even went to the emergency room, but there was nothing wrong with me at all. Do you have a stiff neck? I went to doc my last week and she said I had extremely tight neck muscles which could be the cause for this tingling sensation. I highly doubt it's a brain tumor, but if you're really worried I suggest getting an MRI scan done, just to rule out anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
I have and mine would start on my right cheek and spread all the way down to my right foot, I also sometimes get it in the other side of my body. It is fast to come and go and I get it anywhere... I also feel it on my other side sometimes. I have been to therapy and have taken all artificial things out of my diet my feelings of anxiety and side symptoms have decreased although I still find myself questioning my own mortality.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:49:52 PM »
Well this only happens on the left side of my body. It's like it almost feels like some is touching a spot on my left cheek, and the. It'll go away after a few seconds, or if I touch it, it'll go away instantly. I can also feel it in my left hand and fingers, as well as my left foot and toes. With my fingers and toes it feels like my toe is curling, but clearly isn't. Or it'll feel like my finger is curling, but clearly isn't. Or like someone is touching them. I'm worried about a brain tumor, although I don't have any other symptoms and no headaches (although I know you can have a brain tumor without a headache). All of these "sensations" typically go away after a few seconds to minutes or when I touch or move that area of the body. I also want to note I had a ct scan of my brain in jan 2012, so just over two years ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline starfish37

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Having somatic symptoms on one side of the body is scary, especially when the feeling is so hard to explain.  I understand what you're going through.  My issue lingers from the time I start using my arm in the morning, until I go to bed at night.  It's like I just lifted heavy weights, only all day long.  It's not as though I can't use my arm, it's just that it burns of perceived weakness.  Do you take anti anxiety medication?  In my case, the issue became more pronounced when I started taking venlafaxine (generic of effexor).  Be well. :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
Nope, no anti-anxiety meds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
Do you think this is just anxiety? It happens more when I'm "aware" of it in the back of my mind, I didn't think it did, but I've noticed that when I'm out and about or focused on something (we went to a parade in town this weekend) it didn't happen, or at least I didn't notice it as much. I've also noticed it happens when I'm moving fast or really trying to get something done quickly (grocery shopping, walking through the grocery store)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: