Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need some input from the members on here please!!  (Read 223 times)

Offline mike84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some input from the members on here please!!
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
I was a big, and I mean big drinker of energy drinks before my first bout of anxiety back in November 2013.

My first panic attack came literally minutes after drinking a large energy drink. I will say that a few days before my first attack struck, I had noticed some slight waves of dizziness.

Anyways, I had a pretty rough panic attack. And about 6-8 more happened within the next week. I have not had any since.

Since then I've had the following symptoms:

- odd buzzing feeling in body and head
-light headed
- feeling of being disconnected (surreal feeling)
- zaps
- headaches

I had a blood test and an ECG and everything was fine. So I will assume its anxiety. I had it as a child and naturally im an anxious person. I will admit im a hypochondriac at times. I convinced myself I had multiple sclerosis as well as a brain tumor, lupus and a few others.

Here we are at the end of Feb and I feel so much better than I used too. I still get lightheaded daily but its no where near as bad.

I decided to get brave and pound back one of the large rockstar energy drinks. My body reacted too it. Not as bad as before but it was negative.

I suppose this reassures me that its anxiety and not anything more serious?

Id really appreciate some input from the people here. It would help set me at ease

thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some input from the members on here please!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »
Speaking from experience,

I was really big into caffeine tablets for a pre-workout. I would consume two tablets... (400mg caffeine) in the morning and sometimes even another 200 in the afternoon, even a Red Bull on top of that... It definitely heightens your awareness and definitely makes you feel keyed up for a while, caffeine is the human's natural chill pill. Being an already anxious person as you are, consuming energy drinks, especially those including an "energy blend" can account for up to 1,200 mg in stimulated ingredients. This can definitely heighten your threshold of anxiety, kicking it way up there.

Not that I'm condoning that you shouldn't drink energy drinks, (because I love em, I'm not gonna lie.) just be aware that it can play a huge role in your perspective and your anxiety. I mean it's not a bad thing, but to keep you from panicking out, just keep that in mind that you are under a more anxious state of mind.

I consumed 2 ephedra extract pills, 2.5 scoops (limit to 1 scoop) of a concentrated pre-workout (with a lot of caffeine in it) on an empty stomach and went to the gym before work. I had an AMAZING workout. I didn't realize it until about 2:30pm that I hadn't eaten anything all day and my vision was really weird... I was ansty as hell and felt something was wrong... I looked at my hands and I was trembling. Paranoia set in, and I smoked a cigarette (back when I used to smoke) and it heightened my nerves even higher in the heart rate catagory, I honestly thought I was going to kill over.

I remember customers placing orders (I worked in a deli at a grocery store) and I couldn't relay anything they were saying, or staying focused, all the noises and everything around me were making me super paranoid.

I got sent home (not in trouble) because I told them what happened and I was EXTREMELY pale...

I remember I skipped going home and went straight to my parents house where I layed on the couch for hours trying to overcome what I was going through... I remembered having my dad go and pick up two big macs and two large fries and I ate all of it, trying to for some reason bring me down from it with food tiredness.

It was freaky, I wanted to go get my stomach pumped. Paranoia to the MAX.

Great post.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline hard2cope

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:11:57 PM »
Mike84 - I know exactly where you are coming from. I used to be a big coffee drinker, mega strong stuff.. would regularly wash down ephedra with a red bull then take a few scoops of some preworkout. One day I took two hydroxycut thinking 'this cant be as strong as my usual cocktail' but low and behold 20mins later I went pale as a ghost, and spent the rest of the day wondering if I should call an ambulance haha.

I have quit all stimulants after that and a number of similar epiodes, not having a morning or preworkout  coffee is still the worst part of anxiety for me
Bookmark and Share

Offline mike84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
Yeah I think I need to stay away from the stimulants from now on. I was hoping id be able to drink coffee again but I suppose I cant.

Does anyone else here get a lightheaded feeling when they use their computer or play video games? I noticed my laptop screen gives me a light headed feeling when I scroll up and down quickly. I also noticed my eyes strained more than usual while playing some nba on my ps4 this morning. I had to pause the game. My vision was a bit bouncy. It almost launched a panic attack and I had to step outside for a moment to calm down. The second I notice any new symptoms my brain goes into doomsday mode.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »
Have you recently started or stopped medication?

Have these things occured after consuming stimulating beverages?

Anything can cause eye strain, I wear contacts and lock onto my computer or video games constantly but if I wear glasses the glare off of them can cause some complications with vision.

It's really nothing serious unless it begins to effect you throughout the day. As for the light-headedness I haven't experienced it but i'm sure it's pertaining to blood flow in one form or another.

I wouldn't neccessarily cut off caffeine intake, we all like redbulls and coffee, hell I had a 12 oz regular redbull and a 16 oz coffee back to back and pulled off like a champ. Just have the awareness of sometimes repercussions can sneak up on you.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.