Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Random Sharp Chest Pains  (Read 204 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Random Sharp Chest Pains
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:50 AM »
Recently I've developed a heart fear. I'm 19 with perfect blood pressure but when I started feeling light headed for a while after starting my fluoxetine I thought maybe it was a heart problem. Ever since thinking that I now get random sharp chest pains through the center towards the left and I even sometimes have a shooting pain in my left arm as though I'm having a heart attack. I'm wondering if my subconscious could trigger this kind of a feeling or if I should consider getting checked out. I'm also physically active. Just looking for some reassurance. Thanks guys
Bookmark and Share

Offline MilSpouse

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Random Sharp Chest Pains
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »
I got those quite often when all my anxiety issues started - they'd occur in different parts of my chest and sometimes would shoot through to my back. They still surface occasionally, but it's pretty infrequent now. My doctor said they were probably one of two things (or a combo of both): muscle cramps from tense chest muscles, or nerve firings due to tense muscles putting pressure on the nerve endings. I found that if I was able to relax my chest muscles when they started (difficult, of course, because the immediate response is to panic), they usually went away much more quickly! Tight muscles can be really painful, even if you don't realize you're tense.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
It could be! I went to the pharmacy and checked my blood pressure and it was HIGH! 139 systolic and 91 on the one that starts with a D. What?! Worried
Bookmark and Share

Offline yessixo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
I believe it was high due to your anxiety. I too get palps and high bp when my anxiety is out of control ! Thats why when I go to doctors its through the roof my suggestion take it at home when youve been sitting for a few minutes ! Im sure youre fine ! youre not alone in the heart attack fear bc I too as I write alll day Ive been feeling the chest pain and tightness but I try to ignore bc Ive been feeling this way for months did a chest xray , CT scan , ultrasounds , holter moniter the only test i havent done is a stress echo which I tell myself Im sure they wouldve see. something by now . Also try to cross out risk factors such as age& smoking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »
I also feel like short of breath and it's making me yawn a lot to get more air in and burping too. Any thoughts? Scared
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
I had these pains in my early 20's. I would get shooting pains in my chest, sometimes it felt like they took my breath away. I ended up going to a cardiologist, I had a stress test and an EKG. Everything was normal, he told me not to sit with my legs crossed lol. Anyway, I figured it was all stress related as it would mostly happen while I was at work. After I got the all clear the pains mostly went away. I'm sure yours is stress/anxiety related as well. The chances of you having a heart attack at your age are pretty much nil. You could go to a cardiologist to ease your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: