Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lupus test results  (Read 237 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lupus test results
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »
I got the result back from my ANCA, ANA, FBC and ESR blood tests and they were all normal which hopefully rules out a lupus diagnosis that I had feared due to my facial rash and joint pain. I'm still at a loss to explain what could be causing all my symptoms and despite passing neurological exams I am quite concerned it could be MS. The only other explanation could possibly be fibromyalgia?

I'm on ibuprofen as my joint and muscle pains are really bad, they come on sharply with stabbing pains and fleet around my body, I have no idea what is causing the malar type rash on my face but it seems to come when I'm feeling my worst. My eye is twitching, I feel very dizzy and unsteady on my feet and generally feel unwell. I feel dreadfully fatigued and tired all day but still manage to mainly go about my day to day business with a very foggy head.

The tests I've had so far are the blood tests, neurological exams; eye test, urine test and a chest x ray which were all okay. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. I'm currently on 100mg Trazodone which may be causing a few symptoms. Can stress cause stabbing joint and muscle pains, aches and fatigue? The flaring rash is also bizzare and unexplainable. I'm trying my best not to worry and feel better for knowing it's not lupus (I hope not anyway)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lupus test results
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »
I am so happy to hear it's not lupus, I know how upset you were about that kind of diagnosis.  In fact I was just thinking about you yesterday wondering if you would give us an update.   Fantastic news!  Didn't the doctor mention your rash could be rosacea?
Some of those other symptoms (dizzy, feeling unwell, fatigued, foggy head. twitching eye) could be residual stress from that constant day and night worry about lupus.   I KNOW what constant 24 hour worry can do, believe me.  As far as the joint pain I don't know that that would be stress, but it may be HALF stress (focusing on it making it worse) - MS doesn't present with all kind of stabbing joint pains like that.  The doctor gave you no insight?  Do you go back?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
thank you Sunlover that's very kind of you.

i'm hoping that the tests they did rule out Lupus and i'm trying to stay away from sites where people are reporting they had lupus with normal blood results as this isn't good for me. the doctor thinks it might be a stress rash or could possible be fibromyalgia. I have been very stressed recently but the fatigue is the worst it's been. I have read that joint pain can be a side effect of Trazodone so maybe stopping that will help with things.

I'm not sure if it's a stress symptom it's very painful though, i even get bee stinging pains in my fingertips. The doctor thinks it's stress and has advised me to taper off the Trazodone and report back in a few weeks to discuss how i'm feeling. I'm still concerned about the rash and joint pain, fortunately Ibuprofen seems to be killing a lot of the pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:18:31 PM »
Mrdave, I have been thinking of you this week, and am really happy for you that it isn't lupus.  Just try to relax, and not worry for the next while. You have to let your body heal.  Make sure you are dealing with your anxiety. Hugs to you!

Keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: