Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Urgent response please!!!! Ultrasound therapy at the chiropractor!!!  (Read 244 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all,

Please respond, I'm really freaking out right now.

I've had some lower back/tailbone pain for a few weeks now, so yesterday I went to the chiropractor and they did an exam and xrays, and today I was supposed to go back to go over the xrays and start therapy.

Well today my doctor went over my xrays, which were of the lower back. Everything looked fine (as far as tumors go!) and I did need therapy and adjustments. So he put me on a massage table that mechanically massages your back, and then afterward he had his assistant do ultrasound therapy.

During the ultrasound therapy, it uses strong sound waves and electronic pulses to stimulate your muscles I think. Well I didn't have any pain where I normally do (lower back), but I DID have pain on one side of the middle of my back. Pain, like I was about to jump off the table. I never have experienced pain there before. Ever. I kept telling the assistant that it hurt and he kept telling me that it'll find any little tender spot and stimulate it.

Well I'm freaking out now that I've got a tumor in the middle of my back that this ultrasound therapy brought out. Not only that, but I'm also freaking out that if I do have some sort of spinal cancer, this ultrasound therapy will increase the chances that it'll spread. It's highly suggested that when you actually are diagnosed with cancer, not to use this therapy as it can stimulate it to spread.

Has anyone had this therapy before on their back? Or does anyone have any comforting words? On my way home I called the office and scheduled a consultation with my doctor for tomorrow morning to go over what happened today. I'm really in need of some reassurance. Worried I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Urgent response please!!!! Ultrasound therapy at the chiropractor!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:38 PM »
Sounds like he found a knot. My physical therapist did ultrasound for my lower back. It's like a massage and can hurt the first time.  But it's all normal. You're perfectly fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
My back is pretty tender in that area now afterward. I would say the area is probably 4 inches across (left to right) to the right of my spine, and maybe 2 to 3 inches high. From what I've read, ultrasound therapy isn't supposed to hurt, which is why this is really freaking me out. It hurt to the point where I'm not sure I want to do it again.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
I just started going to the chiropractor last week, and one of the things my chiropractor told me is that the first time certain procedures are done, you can be sore. Certain things take getting used to. I had electrical muscle stimulation done at my last visit along with some deep soft tissue work and I left feeling great but I was sore later. I was told I'd probably want an ice pack later that night, and I did. Try to use an ice pack on the sore area. It's just a knot. You don't have a sudden tumor in your back. You're going to be fine.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
My back is pretty tender in that area now afterward. I would say the area is probably 4 inches across (left to right) to the right of my spine, and maybe 2 to 3 inches high. From what I've read, ultrasound therapy isn't supposed to hurt, which is why this is really freaking me out. It hurt to the point where I'm not sure I want to do it again.  :(

Can you press the bone and feel pain?

When you press the muscle do you feel pain?

Bone pain is diff from muscle pain
Bookmark and Share

Offline Steelers629

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »
Many services the chiropractor provides will hurt the first time you experience it.  The first time I had a deep tissue massage I hated it because I think it hurt more than it felt good.  I think it's always good to ice the sore spot that got worked on when you get home.  If it's not getting better after more treatment than you can ask the chiro.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
It is not sore when I press on the bone, nor is it sore as of this morning when I press on the muscle.

I do want to say, another thing that has me super scared is that for the past couple of months, mainly at night, I've had odd sensations on the left side of my body. It's like my left side feels numb, weak, or heavy. But when I move my arm, leg, or left side of my face, I can move them freely and grip freely and walk fine. It just feels like it's numb or heavy, but really isn't. I would describe it as an odd sensation. I know you can have these odd sensations with spinal tumors  :(

I tried to brush it off as anxiety for the past couple of months, but now I'm getting worried about it. It doesn't only happen when I'm thinking about it either. Sometimes I could be completely anxiety free and it'll still happen, almost every evening, for the entirety of the evening. I'm worried that I have a spinal tumor and the ultrasound therapy will stimulate it to spread  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
Ok, so I went back to see my chiro today and he did another xray and said that everything looked normal, minus what we discussed yesterday. So I did another ultrasound therapy session today (they attempted to go over the area that hurts again, but when it hurt they just stuck to the lower back) and another adjustment. He did a pretty hard adjustment on my mid back and tonight I AM SO TENDER! Holy cow! I had the adjustment around 1130/1200pm and it just started hurting after I got done making dinner about a half hour ago. Is this normal? It hurts right on the vertabrae where he did the hard adjustment (mid back)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: