Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Abdominal pain, anyone?  (Read 158 times)

Offline thanhlong1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Abdominal pain, anyone?
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »
Hi all,

Just want to hear if anyone experience the same symptoms as I do. I think of going to see the doctor but really scared if the test will reveal something serious  :traurig001: . I will go on vacation soon so thinking of going to the doctor and having a test result that put a hold on the vacation is a big disappointment. As a result, I made a risky decision to ask Dr. Google to see if what I have is normal. What I found, however, were quite disappointed and scary. First, no one seems to have similar symptoms like I do. Besides, the people online all said they all had CT scan, ultrasound to rule out serious causes and I had none :( so I don't know yet if my is serious or not. Second, other related symptoms usually point to something more serious (stomach cancer, Crohn's disease, among the results  :sick0002: ). Not know for sure what is causing my symptoms and seeing rather sad posts about cancer, this put me in a depressive state, not able work at all since all the time I used is to look for more assurance that I don't have stomach cancer.

For the last month, I noticed that whenever I sit, my upper abdomen (the area that is a bit under the sternum) feel like there's a pressure applied to it. The only thing I can do to relieve the pressure is to sit really straight up or walk around.

Besides, I also feel like I am always full after eating. This accompany the upper abdominal discomfort further stress me and cause me to not able to enjoy the food I use to love  :traurig001:  :traurig001:

So anyone had the same symptoms like I do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abdominal pain, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »
I have had sternum pain/pressure for months now. Yes, I have had multiple tests done and it turned out to be anxiety/gas. I do find that if I had built up gas, the way I sat/my posture had an effect on the pain. I do think you should tell your doctor ASAP though. Chest pains a strange thing in that more often than not, it doesn't indicate heart failure or anything serious. YET it should always be looked into right away just to be safe. Your doctor will be able to tell you whether or not it requires investigating. Although I want to reassure you that chest pain can be caused by lots of benign things such as reflux/gas/muscle pain / anxiety :)
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline thanhlong1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:06 AM »
Thanks for the info. At least I know that there's someone who has the same issue.

I did have the chest pain before which triggered a trip to ER. That turned out to be pericarditis. The cardiologist have confirmed that my heart is totally fine. At least I am not really worry about heart issue at the moment ;D. It just annoys me that I have weird pressure with lot of burps and farts :(.

But yeah, I did make an appointment to see my doctor, which is 4 days later (I live in Ontario, Canada so the wait time is quite long  :traurig001: ). I could make a trip to ER again but considering that I had made 3 trips in the last 4 months, I feel ashamed to walk in there again.

Will see what happen and hope that everything will be fine. And thanks for the support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
just never doubt what your body can do to you! I also live in ontario, canada so i totally relate about wait times and such... i actually just got a family doctor very recently after not being able to find one for so long. absolutely brutal.

i went to the ER twice this month. Within the same week actually... talk about embarrassing :s but if it really bothers you, just go. It's your health, and it's their job to make sure you're ok.
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: