Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Having a hard time feeling AT ALL comfortable with dental crowns  (Read 474 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having a hard time feeling AT ALL comfortable with dental crowns
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
You can tell the dentist everything and he will adjust it.  He'll pop it off, grind it, do whatever.  It will be fine. (he will also be able to see where your gum is irritated and adjust the crown in those places.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
I hope so!  I hope he will!   That seems so easy!  I wish i could go there right now/

i called a few days ago and told the lady on the phone.. she said i will get used to it..  also i told the dentist when he placed it and he said the gum will grow up around it and it will be fine.

Thank you for your calming words.. i feel like im going to loose it.  I dont want to take something for sleep (anxiety) again.. it made me so sleepy all day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
well i went in today.. he said everything looks good.. he poked around with the stick, said there was no bleeding so that is a good sign.. looked at the xray said everything is fitting well.. he said just to wait more.. to think about it less.

he said he cant fix it if it cant see what is wrong.. sent me home :(  so now i sit with this poking all day every day.

i feel like crying i dont know what to do from here??
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
he said the gum was healing.. but i didnt feel the problem when the crown was off (when they took the temp off and placed the perm. crown) I didnt feel it then, at all.. so i dont think its healing its poking me
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
so i called AGAIN.. they told me that the gum needs to heal with the positioning of the crown now... so whatever.. i need to heal.. its been since Decembe 18th i first started this process.. i want my LIFE BACK
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
That's not right - if it's bothering you he should be able to see redness or something and then grind that area down.  He's not even making sense - he says he can't see anything irritated yet he's telling you it has to heal? Could you pop into another dentist?  (Or do you have insurance for that particular dentist).
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »
i guess i could go to a different dentist but im not sure another dentist is going to mess with another dentists crown.. i would think they would want to redo.

this is the 2nd dentist, the 1st one was so bad that i had them taken off and redone but this one.. so i dont know about another dentist.

he says its not red or irritated.. i guess what he was saying was that it needed to adjust "heal" to the crown being in there (in the gum?)  it was kind of confusing.. i called back and she, the assistant repeated it.. but that was the jist of it.. everyting is good you just need to get used to it.. nothing is bad that it needs to be adjusted.

he spend 1 hr talking to me.. so i dont think it was a matter of him not wanting to bother with it.. i just dont know.. but im sick to my stomach now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: