Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i really need some help  (Read 238 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
i really need some help
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »
I got prescribed a beta blocker. METOPROLOL 25MG EXTENDED RELEASE. I just cant bring myself to take it. I hold the pill in my hand and my mind will not allow me to take the pill. I have POTS like symptoms, seems very mild from what I read, and hr goes up fast with little exertion. Other wise healthy. Doc thinks I can benefit from a beta blocker. My problem is I think the pill is going to make my symptoms worse or I am going to have an allergic reaction and suffocate to death because my throat will swell up. I already have low bp and a pretty low resting hr, sometimes when I stand up I get dizzy, because I have bp that is on the normal side of low. So what in the world will this pill do to me? I am convinced I am going to pass out if I take it.. On the other hand, I want to get better, but I just feel like I am going to hurt myself by taking it..  :( I am so frustrated and my anxiety is through the roof over it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i really need some help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »
If your doctor feels this may help you then you should trust him.  I have never heard of people reacting to that drug the way you described.  You are working yourself us, as us HA people have the tendency to do. 

Let us know how everything goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »
Those beta blockers are supposed to be real good for what you have.  I don't think that one pill is going to drop your pressure, you need to have it build up in your system.  Get a home blood pressure monitor, take the pill and monitor your pressure every day.  If you see it getting too low call your doctor.  It's not going to crash in one day, it will get lower and lower gradually.  If you get a monitor you will be able to see it and not be so upset.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:54:54 PM »
It's just the fear of the unknown. I don't like the feeling of "being on something" but I need to get on this pill because I know it will help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:25 AM »
If you drink soda, go to McDonald's or eat any prepackaged food your ingesting more harmful chemicals than what your doctor has prescribed.  People get all freaky about taking a pill.  I honestly just don't understand that perspective.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »
Hi, I was prescribed the same med yrs ago and it worked well. My cardiologist gave it to me for the anxiety as well. My heart rate would shoot up also. I did take it as needed and it worked. I took only 1/4 of the 25 mg and it did slow my heart down. I suggest you try it. Your doctor knows what's best. You will do fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »
youre right. I am going to take it. Thanks guys.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything