Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have eye cancer?  (Read 148 times)

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have eye cancer?
« on: February 27, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
My eyes have been bothering me a lot. They hurt from time to time and sting andal so burn at times. They feel tired and feel twitchy. I also found a oval jasper grey spot on my bottom eye . Do I have eye cancer? I convinced myself I do and it's killing me. I have some lower back pain as well and my thoughts make me think the eye cancer spread to my bones and now I have bone cancer. Please help me I'm so afraid
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 175
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have eye cancer?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
Hi Kev:)

First, nobody here can tell you if you have eye cancer. You think you do....so that is what really matters right now. You likely think you have cancer in your body somewhere just waiting to present itself - somewhere / somehow. I used to feel the same way a lot of the time, as well, many years ago. Still do, every now and again, to a much less minor extent....but hey, I have HA (and always will, likely, but that's OK....I accept and do what I need to do to keep anxiety from creating big nasty lifeflow interruptions:).

Second, I've read a few of your recent posts and what is apparent is that you need to get help for your anxiety issues / health anxiety. I'm not even speaking about your health, here. You had a physical last Sept (I believe you said) and all was OK...congrats. So after a clean bill of health, overall and your young age (I assume from your posts. How old are you?), there is overwhelmingly nothing truly physically sinister that is, likely, the major root cause of your current struggles. Oh, but anxiety can be sinister and then some! There is little outside of the bounds of where anxiety / panic can lead us to in our minds (our thinking patterns) and, ultimately, in the physical manifestations it can bring on and exacerbate.

Third, try to accept that you have some anxiety issues going on and accept you need some help. No big whoop...we all need help, at times. But, I know it's incredibly difficult to focus on a healing path for your mind and soul because you're pretty certain you're destined to get some disease (cancer). Nearly everybody here on The AZ feels (or has felt) their life is tenuous and hanging in the balance just waiting for the awful news. Nearly everyone here hasn't received any awful news, either, which is wonderful...or The AZ would have peeps dropping off, left and right....and there would be few posters left. LOL:) All kidding aside, you have to find some assistance in your struggles. There is professional help...to get you started, which is prob the best path - for most. There is self-help, as well. Likely it will be the self-help that will carry you down your healing path as you learn how to live well alongside your challenges. But, again, it prob will be a little professional help that will get you 'able' to seek out a healing path, in the beginning.

What do you think you can do about your anxiety? Do you have any support system currently?

There is always help and hope:) But, trust me, you simply cannot 'hope' anxiety away.....been there - done that (most of us have:) Hope is a integral part of our healing path, though. Hope is also part of our future plans. Hope is wonderful! Hope needs action, needs a plan, though:)

Peace and Feel Well.

Bookmark and Share

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
Thank you for responding. I realize I post a lot but it's to ease my mind because I couldn't do this with someone face to face. It's hard for me to open up about these kinds of things. I will try and get help. I only focus on the symptoms rather then my actual anxiety. I can't focus on anything else though. No matter if I sit down and say that I'm okay my mind says that I'm not. I have eye worries and back pain worries and more then you can think of and it's making me go crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 175
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »
Thank you for responding. I realize I post a lot but it's to ease my mind because I couldn't do this with someone face to face. It's hard for me to open up about these kinds of things. I will try and get help. I only focus on the symptoms rather then my actual anxiety. I can't focus on anything else though. No matter if I sit down and say that I'm okay my mind says that I'm not. I have eye worries and back pain worries and more then you can think of and it's making me go crazy.

I understand:) What you say above is pretty much textbook HA / Anxiety. We feel trapped. We feel as if there won't ever be relief. We can't see our future with anything but amped up anxiety being in control of our thoughts (And bodies). The toughest thing to do is going to seek out some help for you anxiety....getting started. But, it is also the BEST thing that you can do. From there, you can learn how to best help yourself. Your self-help techniques and habits will, ultimately, be the most powerful and most lasting things for your acceptance and solace:)

Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Eye cancer