Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help!!!!!  (Read 126 times)

Offline Misty1989

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help!!!!!
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:53:28 AM »
Ive been freaking out for over a week and a half now. last week it was internal bleeding this week idk what it it but i actually woke up and started crying because im scared i keep telling myself nothing is wrong. what should i do i just dont know what to do. Help meeee :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:02 AM »
The first  thing you should do is relax. Before you go telling yourself you have this and that you need to ask yourself, "do I really have any of these?" It's easy to be irrational and say you have for example internal bleeding but chances are you're just being silly and giving yourself symptoms and diseases that you definitely don't have.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »
Hi Misty!  :action-smiley-065: It sounds like you have severe health anxiety, which is what plenty of us experience. It can really take a toll on your life and personal relationships. I have many stories about that, too many to list. At one point, I had convinced myself I had a multitude of diseases. I would have panic attacks over it, I would wake up in the middle of the night and cry. I would have to try and soothe myself in the morning just to get out of bed to go to work. It was awful and I never want to live that way again. I did get better, and so can you! I went to my doctor and requested a few tests be run to help ease my mind, which did help. Then, she put me on Lexapro, which has WORKED WONDERS for me. Once I got a therapeutic dose of it (around two weeks) I felt like my old self again! It helped to calm my anxiety and made me worry less. Also, I went to a therapist a couple of times (no big deal, at all) just to talk some things out. She really opened my eyes to things I hadn't realized about myself. This helped me to move on from my health anxiety. Also, STAY OFF GOOGLE! This is health anxiety's cardinal rule. Every little ache, pain, twitch, feeling, etc. will have a thousand diseases associated with it but googling it only hurts you! It does nothing but freak you out. You are a human being, it is natural to feel pain, aches, etc. often, but with anxiety, you can convince yourself it is not normal. You can even become hypersensitive to regular pains and throw yourself into a panic thinking it is a new symptom of some horrific disease. Just remember that you are fine, you really are. My entire lower half went numb, I was sore, I was achy, I was tingly, you name it, I was it. Come to find out- it was all anxiety. As soon as I got treated for anxiety, all of my symptoms started fading away. I hate it for you because I know how it feels, but you can beat it. You can!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Misty1989

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:33:46 PM »
I'm lucky I have such an understanding fiance his dad was a a hypochondriac he tries to tell me I'm fine. But u know how the mind works lol usually google is my freinds cuz I'm a big mmo gamer but google isn never freindly when I google my symptoms I try not to but I always end up doing it haven't done it this time so far. But I'm always checking my pulse.........I  know I shouldn't be doing that either I've been a hypochondriac for as long as I can remeber. I would go to a therapyst if money wasn't so tight .
Bookmark and Share

Tags: