Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Groin and leg pain - long post  (Read 259 times)

Offline ochar2830

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Groin and leg pain - long post
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

It has been at least a year since I have last posted due to my anxiety and depression being under control for the first time in 9 years. However, since the beginning of this year my anxiety and depression have become increasingly obvious and is now persisting on a daily basis getting worse. I put it down to selling our house of 14 years where my 3 children were born and moving to a completing new suburb not knowing anyone myself and the children. We have had constant problems with the new house since moving and also a knowing that during the history of the 102 year old house several women have died while living here - not sure whether anyone died in the house or in hospital, however this plays on my mind and since moving here I have not been feeling 100%. Symptoms have been left ovary pain which happened a few times while bending of getting up of a chair quickly, twisting slightly. Pain has only lasted seconds, put it down to my period being due in the next few days, however period has been coming quite late since the move and did not come until 12 days after the ovary pain on day 35, January's period was day 36. While waiting for period to arrive I also experienced frequent urinancy which I put down to having baths as well as perhaps a minor prolapse due to lifting boxes and heavy furniture during the move. Did some pelvic floor exercises which certainly got rid of my small belly. Starting waking up with panic attacks which was happening nearly everyday. Also started to get pain in my left groin that would come and go during the day or be fine one day and then start again the following day, pain also radiates to leg and hips. Discomfort is not bad and does not stop me doing anything, still can walk etc. and I don't need to take a pain killer. Obviously, I am thinking that I have ovarian cancer as my grandmother died of the disease in the 1940's at 45. My appetite has not been great due to anxiety and I have lost about 3 kilos probably again due to lack of appetite and the fact that I haven't weighed myself in nearly a year so cannot compare it to anything of recent times but weight is still in suitable range for my height.

Went to my Psychiatrist last week and she didn't think it was anything and told me to take ibuprofen which I didn't because when I left her I felt great because she didn't think it was serious or had anything to do with my ovaries but maybe hormonal because period arrived on that day. Pain in groin and leg disappeared straight away. Then it happened again because I think I was stressing over something. Saw my Naturopath on Tuesday and she said it was probably due to me going off my gluten free diet and that was causing inflammation in my bowel and that my anxiety was skyhigh and to keep taking my anti-anxiety medication. Gluten can cause anxiety and depression if you are intolerate. Once again pain disappeared once I left her office, had no discomfort yesterday and then today was fine until talking to a friend who was telling me a story about her 33yr old niece dying of cancer within 7 months of diagnosis, during this conversation I started to feel the pain again in my groin and leg and now several hours later the discomfort is still there even after taking 2 lots of anxiety medication.

I am a 48 year old female and have a fear of cancer and am petrified of doctors due to experiencing 6 deaths in one year 9 years ago which triggered my depression/anxiety. I feel that because I feel the discomfort in my groin etc that I keep on focusing and dwelling on it and that is probably why I can still feel it and when busy or occupied I don't notice it. I know anxiety can cause at least 100 symptoms but not sure if groin pain which radiates to leg and hip, bottom is also anxiety related because I can't seem to find that it can be anxiety related.

So sorry for such a long post. But can anyone offer me some advice or reassurance. Have tried deep breathing and relaxation but hasn't helped much.

Thanks so much for listening.
Bookmark and Share
On a million worries I have had, only a couple of worries have ever happened to me Mark Twain

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Groin and leg pain - long post
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:27:16 AM »
Hey there.  I have gotten the same issues - pain that I thought was ovary related, then groin and leg pain but mine is on my right side.  None of this started happening until after I got my period back after my second child (who is now 3 years old).  I have been to the ob about it, and have had yearly ob appts since.  Nothing was found nor was any extra testing ordered.  The ovary pain decreased over time, and I rarely get it now, or to the degree I first got it.  I think regularly exercising helped - I feel like my hormones were out of whack and causing all the issues.  I also end up straining my right side - I still pick up my 3 year old sometimes and quickly throw him in his car seat and that motion will put strain on my right side.  I blame the groin/leg thing on muscle issues. I recently posted about stomach issues I am having, and those too are on the right side.  I do have an ob appt coming up (yearly exam) and am going to ask him all these things (again), but my logical side tells me it all stems from carrying 2 big babies - it changes your body.  In terms of the pain, I really recommend regular exercise.  It helps regulate your cycle and hormones which can help with all of that.  Plus it helps with anxiety and depression.  I know it is hard to get started - and it doesn't fix anything in a month, but give it a few months - you may see some changes.  Hope this helped.  (Oh one more thing, I do believe in symptoms being psychosomatic - now that you notice them, you REALLY notice them, and that's why distraction and dr reassurance fixes it for the moment - but it only lasts for the moment until the anxiety is addressed!)
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline ochar2830

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Groin and leg pain - long post
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:44 AM »
Thanks kcg13 for your response, but I was hoping to get more opinions.

Anyone else experienced these sensations???
Bookmark and Share
On a million worries I have had, only a couple of worries have ever happened to me Mark Twain

Tags: