Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !  (Read 251 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sickntired

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 164
  • Rec's: 4
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Even sounded silly as I typed the topic, but I was eating a burger I made w mushrooms and I inhaled a whole mushroom cap:-( It was about the size of a quarter. I ate the rest of my burger and drank tons of water, but still feel like it's there. Now I'm in a panic that it's stuck and I might aspirate in my sleep, or whatever they say can happen if you inhale something and it gets stuck where it shouldn't be? I can swallow but have a weird sensation like something's still there and keep getting weird feelings in my back like it's in my lungs. Feel like I'm literally talking crazy, but can someone reassure me please!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 18
  • Gender: Female
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
If you had anything in your lungs your body would KNOW the invader and you'd be coughing like CRAZY, you wouldn't be able to stop.  Even if a teeny, tiny piece the size of a pin head went into your lung, you'd cough until your body expelled it.  And if it were in your throat you'd be gasping for air.  It's not there (how could it be if you ate a whole burger and drank all that water?  That would have to mean everything you ate after it somehow went AROUND it - your esophagus aren't that wide!), you are just imagining the feeling right now OR the mushroom could have irritated your esophagus and that is what you are feeling.  It should be gone tomorrow if it's an irritation.  But let me warn you, it WON'T be gone if you keep focusing on that area of your body and that feeling, your brain will keep it alive (believe me, I know of which I speak :sprachlos020:).   So go take a nice hot shower, read a book or watch a movie or do whatever it is you do to relax... you are fine! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickntired

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 164
  • Rec's: 4
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »
I can not thank u enough Sunlover!! U were a voice of reason, now to just get my brain on board ugghh
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 18
  • Gender: Female
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
Glad to help  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickntired

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 164
  • Rec's: 4
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:44:33 PM »
Fell asleep for half n hour n woke up w a tickle and a cough:-( So scared, really hate this vicious cycle:-( I feel like every time I swallow or breathe I have to cough. Is this just irritation or should I be right to panic? HELP!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 18
  • Gender: Female
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I swallowed a whole mushroom cap !
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 05:20:17 AM »
Well, I was already off the computer when you posted last night, but I WOULD have told you that it has nothing to do with the mushroom.  Once again if it were in your lung it would give you a violent coughing fit from the moment it happened.  (ever swallow water the wrong way?  Well it would be even worse than that) - the tickle could be anything, (a cold coming on, dry air in the house, post nasal drip - I don't think it was the mushroom)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
3066 Views
Last post April 14, 2010, 07:20:21 PM
by anxiousandy
12 Replies
1071 Views
Last post October 14, 2010, 06:33:43 PM
by miika
5 Replies
5935 Views
Last post November 15, 2011, 11:23:21 PM
by MmeMulot
4 Replies
736 Views
Last post November 27, 2011, 07:25:23 AM
by Sandra01
5 Replies
15890 Views
Last post July 18, 2013, 03:26:54 AM
by Lunatone

anything